Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 days till GTA 3 :)

Options
  • 20-05-2002 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Im am reduced to checking my PLay account to see if they post it early (they do with some DVDs never bought a new PC game off em B4)
    They do this so online buyers ahve it the day of release.
    I can my social life taking a turn for the worst over the next few weeks.
    Kdja

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I'd love it if they did send them out now so they get here on Friday. (is it Thursday or Firday?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Out Friday
    Im hoping to see it as POSTED tomorrow.
    Might have it by friday then ,other wise its next wednes/thurs.
    Kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Been looking forward to this.
    Bloody clipping distance on the PS2 version killed it.
    At last, the chance to play it as it was intended, not the cracker box version that was released to the mob......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Yeah it should be better alright!!!!
    cant wait till the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Syxpak - bollocks. GTA3 on the playstation 2 was great, the technical limitations of it did not take away from the game in any way.

"cracker box" my arse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

At last, the chance to play it as it was intended, not the cracker box version that was released to the mob......

ROFL.

That's genuinely funny, plyd. I really hope you're trolling - you can't honestly think that a PC port of the PS2 original version is "how it was intended"? :)

Heh, clipping distance indeed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

i have abstained from GTA3 due to lack of 2.5 overhead camera actione :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

In that case you should have tried harder to find the camera angle button on your Dual Shock, since you can actually switch into that viewpoint with three easy button presses :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

its up now

http://www.play.com/Play247.asp?page=title&r=PC&title=102358

must resist using my shiny new credit card..........aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Give into the temptation - you shall be rewarded well.

• Advertisement

I meant what I said about the clipping distance. The rest was just a piss take.
    Fanjbhoys swallowed it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Yeah i ordered it last week. So do u think that they will sent it out early so that we can all have it on friday, or is it going to be sent out friday? does anybody know? Has anybody else ordered a game of Play before it release in the stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

According to delivery information on play.com it will only be shipped on the day of its release. So we'll probably be playing it sometime next week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Ah, that game Rocks. I just rob Cars and drive about for hours. Then I realised you could work for people. I prefer driving. And Eating chips.

Yeah no luck on getting early. My order history page still has it down for the release date, so as Lex said next week. Let's just hope they got in enough stock to cover all of the pre orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Well it seems a good few places have realeased it in the US etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Originally posted by Shinji
    In that case you should have tried harder to find the camera angle button on your Dual Shock, since you can actually switch into that viewpoint with three easy button presses :)
    now who is being a smart ass :D
    gta 3 is designed to be played from an over the shoulder / chasecam viewpoint. The overhead camera simply puts the camera up in the air, and it doesnt really feel right.

GTA + GTA2's engines we were designed to be played from the overhead view, which i believe is the essence of GTA. The zoom out when you go faster was classy. The really narrow view fulstrum gave the game a very urban congested feel.

Back on topic what the LAN play going to be like?

While GTA2 was boring in single player mode, I've played it at lans in unnamed internet cafés and it is great fun, especially in frag-tag mode. Grabbing the Instant-Gang powerup and filling a minivan with four thugs with machine guns was great. Even better was tail-ending someone, knocking them off the road, then letting your gang loose. Classic.

Originally posted by SyxPak
    I meant what I said about the clipping distance. The rest was just a piss take.
    Fanjbhoys swallowed it though.

Sigh.

I'm no "fanjbhoy", just pointed out the facts. Give me my PC over my PS2 any day :)

Munch, mate, I know you're not a 'fanjbhoy'. :)

Looking forward to this version mainly for multiplayer. GalwayLAN should be able to give it a good playtest.

DBC, you're right about the first 2 and the top-down view, but if 3 wasn't to be 'same old-same old' it needed something else.
    I welcome the extra bit of maueverability.

A CTF mode would be class, or assault, or ram raiding a base or suicide runs or something.

Anybody know how much gta3 is going to cost in the likes of game or eb?

• Advertisement

Eh, I thought GTA3 (yes, the pc version) had no multiplayer? If it does, great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Makaveli: I was told €70 for Game.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

€70 is extortionate.

Jedi Knight was €60 in Game/EB and I thought it was a rip off !!

Best bet is to try Smyths. I bet they are just under €50, maybe less.

Makaveli: I was told €70 for Game

plz tell me your are joking.
    its not even a full price £35 game in UK.
    thats unreal.
    Kdja

Its £19.99 STG on play.com. I strongly recommend you go there instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Christ, multiplayer GTA3 would be as good as ejaculations.

Don't speak crazytalk.

If only I had a credit card......

Which bank do those temporary cards? AIB, BOI?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Just to clear things up. There is NO multiplayer in GTA3. Yes, I cried too... :(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by Jabba
    Its £19.99 STG on play.com. I strongly recommend you go there instead.

It's actually £18.99 sterling on play.com (price includes delivery).
    I have just checked my order status and am delighted to report that my copy of GTA3 is already on the way to me :D
    (posted 22/05/02) even though it's not out 'til Friday.

• Advertisement

have just checked my order status and am delighted to report that my copy of GTA3 is already on the way to me

Mine too :)
    hehehehhe*childish giggles*
    Kdja

Advertisement