Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ennis Information Age Town without Eircom money..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

The floppy drive for 115 has to be a mistake :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Utter tripe... They dont tell you what you get.. see games bundle.. + video card.. (eh what one?)
    Even that cd rom is over priced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Parallel zip drive at 225?

Two day workaround time (they don't seem to restrict this to "making new PCs", by the looks of it they'll take that time to set up your brand spiffing new Net connection and email address too)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Originally posted by Gerry
    The floppy drive for 115 has to be a mistake :)

bloody 'ell! the floppy went on the one the parents + sisters use back home in good auld ennis and i'm due to replace it the next time i'm home. i just hope they don't think it would be better if they get it put in by that crowd!!

incidently there is also a pc shop in town and it too has the crasiest prices and it must be getting plenty of suckers because its been open for the last 5-6 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Fúck me all of those prices are waaay overboard. Almost 1000% markup on a floppy (!) is the worst, but other things -

Install Zone Alarm Firewall 30

or.....you could download it yourself and do it yourself by clicking a button a few times :rolleyes:

Surely there has to be some law against massive overpricing like this.

256MB SDRAM €160

or, like me you could buy it in PC World for €70

20G Hard Drive €175

or €90 in any self-respecting comp store.

If all that extra money is going for technicians, then feck it, I'm quitting college and becoming a technician!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

No its not going to Technicians... its probably going to Eircom to pay for the "Free" or "Cheap" PC's they provided

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

yeah but those cheap pcs are now sh*tty old p2 266 with 2gb hd.
    better off just buying a new one than "upgrading" at those prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

uh apart from the fact that the minimum spec hdd is now 40GB and has been for some time. I'd be starting to worry if they just bought out a load of old stock and are trying to make a killing, not a bad idea...in fairness...

Ivan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

And people accuse me of ripping people off?!?!
    Did anyone spot the price for a copy of Windows 98SE upgrade?!

Advertisement