Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compaq NIC problem, need a file, epcn4.sys

• 06-07-2001 3:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

Me again,

I'm installing a Compaq Netelligence 10/100 NIC into a compaq Armada 1700 notebook.

OS is NT4 , SP 6a

Now, I downloaded the NIC driver from the compaq site, (SP10142 I think) and the card installed nicely, however, there is a proggy called Cardware installed as well. It needs to manage the card using a service called EPC.

Turns out the EPC installation files were on the install diskette (replace oemsetup with a renamed oemsetnt and netepc with the one from the NDIS4 directory). Anyway, what i need is EPCN4.sys but a working driver installation set would be just as good smile.gif

thanks,

(if you have it or know where I can get it, mail me at lolth@ireland.com )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

I seem to remember seeing a rake of Compaq Drivers and files in work; I'll have a look and see if it's in there. Won't be back in 'til Tuesday however.

Advertisement