Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linux, Microsoft 9x/NT/ME

• 07-07-2001 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

need help!

Can anyone post me information on:

Processes: Life Cycle Models, Scheduling, and Management in Operating Systems

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Erm, you'd be better off getting some large expensive books if you want to learn about OSs; or else go to College smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Nah, I don't think you should go out and buy the books, coz I did all that stuff in college last year. I can only remember a few bits and pieces. But I do remember I never looked a book when doing assignments. I got it all off thet net.

Just in case you are a complete beginner to the topic I recommend you read this first:
    How Stuff Works Guide to Operating Systems

It looks at the topic from a high level, but I find the best way to learn is to start high and then travel lower along a specific path such as processor scheduling etc.

Hope you find it useful

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 siva

thanks a mill phobos, it is for a college assignment and yes I cannot remember a thing.

kegser you are just a ****er!

Advertisement