Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A discount scheme for ISDN customers?

• 05-07-2001 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Got a call yesterday from eircom
    There's a new discount scheme for isdn - at-home customers, they're sending the details but I think it works out as removing the cost difference between two pstn and hi-speed about £7.

Anyone else heard of this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Straker

Nope. First I've heard of this. I just got isdn install, so maybe I the letter 'ill be in the post next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Cookie Monster

I just got installed last month - only 4 weeks delay! - makes ifilms.com a lot better.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

I got my Eircom Highspeed recently too, I would be interested to know what's on offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Leverz

Have you got a link for it? Or even what they called it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

i got mine insatalled a year ago tongue.gif makes surfing quicker and playing online solitare ejust gr8 rolleyes.gif so . i just looked at the eircom homepage no sign of this where did you hear of this ???

what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Not great but better that a kick in the balls</font>

Eircom's new motto?

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Biosman1

Got a call yesterday from Eircom, heres the deal

Pay £1.58 a month and get £7.88 worth of off-peak calls

So for a 2 month bill, thats £3.16 for about 26 hours online off-peak smile.gif

This is for isdn only

The bloke on the phone signed me up straight away and it will be on my next bill

Not great but better that a kick in the balls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

LOL. Perfect for them methinks.

Sounds like a decent scheme though. Anything to keep the bills down. I've a feeling there'll be a lot of this soon as they try to keep folks on ISDN to allow more rollout time for DSL now that it finally seems to be starting. Those already on ISDN are more likey to be early adopters.

Slightly off topic:
    On top of being charged at double call rates - Do you have to shell out 145.00 quid to use both ISDN channels?

If so, I think Eircom should revisit their discount schemes. (double taxation anyone?)

No, you pay the one installation fee (99) and rent for both lines. Usage is then just down to double call charges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dahamsta:
    Eircom's new motto?

adam

</font>

lmao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Yeah I laughed my ass off at that too, played biggrin.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by _CreeD_:
    No, you pay the one installation fee (99) and rent for both lines. Usage is then just down to double call charges.</font>

_Creed_:

Understand. Does that mean that I can use both ISDN channels on Eircom.net's "Free" service, or must I pay an additional 145.00 quid for the privilege(?)? smile.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Last time I looked the Eircon.net free service didn't support dual-channel ISDN.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

AFAIK, OceanFree support dual channel ISDN.

Oops. sry Straker. Yeah if you want 128k with Eircom.net you need to be a subscriber - and the damn thing rarely works. It usually takes me ~6/7 redials to get it to hold the 2nd connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭DemonBaby

OceanFree do indeed support dual 'free' ISDN.
    But dont tell everyone..I dont want them to pull the plug. smile.gif
    I got the phonecall a few days ago too.
    But once DSL is about ISDN is going out that window as fast as a fast thing.
    Another good thing about Dual ISDN is setting up another PC on the other Channel.
    You then get 2 PC's with a nice low ping.
    If you use 2 channels on one PC you get very little improvement in your online gaming ping.
    Good for D/l'ing stuff though.
    DemonBaby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by _CreeD_:
    Oops. sry Straker. Yeah if you want 128k with Eircom.net you need to be a subscriber - and the damn thing rarely works. It usually takes me ~6/7 redials to get it to hold the 2nd connection.</font>
    Creed I had the same problem when I first started using ISDN on my subscription account. (a few days ago)
    Basically what you have to do is, use the second channel (channel 1) in my case (if you have an eicon diva) and list the first channel (channel 0) the multilink. It only takes about 2 seconds to connect..

Another thing I would like to know is, when you dialup using both channels, and the second channel suspends itself (which it ALWAYS does when you're not downloading) are you still charged for both calls ?

What is now was once only imagined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Can this topic please be moved to the appropriate forum? It's cluttering our beloved Technology board with filth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

The mob (that being Kegser) has spoken.
    Moved to Net/Comms for those interested.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement