Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Problems

• 09-07-2001 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

My monitor never automaticaly resizes its self??

When I boot up windows, it is full screen, then if i change the resalution to other than what it was originaly at it goes smaller, and has black all around the sides, the picture does not fill the whole screen, also happens when I go to run games, if they are at different resalution the game appears either over the screen (some of the image id out side the sreen) or the image does not fill the screen, I have formated my drive and reinstalled original dirives but it is still happening to me??

Any help?

Thx.
    -Adren-

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

EH... there should be controls on the front of your monitor to adjust the screen size and position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Most (if not all) decent monitors have memory modes for certain resolution/refresh rates... usually theres about 10 or so different res. settings that it will remember.

Best bet is to go through the following for each of the common resolutions your likely to use:

Set the refresh rate to the max. for that resolution in windows.
    Then adjust the monitor width/height/etc. for that res/refreshrate pair.

This should hopefully fix the problem, if it doesn't your monitor may only remember the current settings or be ****ed, check the manual out, it should list them somewhere.

Advertisement