Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DRIP Portfolios in Ireland

Options
  • 21-05-2002 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

Are DRIP portfolios available in Ireland?
    I am an impoverished student but I would be very interested in an offer like that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I don't know if any of the Irish brokers will offer this. There's nothing to stop you opening an account with one of the US-based discount brokers who'll enroll your shares in a DRIP. It's worth checking in advance to be sure that they'll support the DRIP. For example, I found out recently that Datek didn't allow DRIP's for one of my fave shares, but ETrade did.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Not that I have heard of. The Irish Stock Market www.ise.ie is smaller (as Irish firms tend to be smaller) and less sophisticated in financial terms (read: dodgy s*** isn't allowed) than the American markets (but better in a regulatory sense).

Most people here either buy directly through a broker, mutual funds or pension funds.

DRIP explanation: http://www.mreic.com/landy.html

Advertisement