Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network Problems

Options
  • 21-05-2002 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭

As of the last few days im currently unable to ping any servers, (web sites, gaming ips) open a telnet connection to anywhere or even ping the pcs on the network in my house (keep on getting timed out responses for the websites and network ips). Ive tried reinstalling my both my modem and my Network card, reinstalling tcp/ip etc. In games such as quake 3, elite force etc when I attempt to join or have someone join a network game I get an error similar to "net_sendpacket wsaeinval" and nopacket etc etc.

Ive tried most of the stuff I could think of to cure it but to no avail, anyhelp would be as always, appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

can you ping your own machine?
    if not your modem/network card isn't set up properly or tcp/ip isn't installed properly.
    if you _can_ do that, then its most likely just a tcp/ip problem.
    try: "route print" to see your routing tables... you may have a non-existent gateway set that you dont know about... double-check the entries match those on another machine on the network (do the same for ipconfig /all) obviously apart from the ip address.

what O/S is it? XP or 2000? if so are there firewall rules enabled? (i've never used these so i won't offer any solutions)..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

oh and moving this to Nets/Comms cos poor oul Verb there gets no posts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

sniff, sniff

i smell a personal firewall -

have u installed zonealarm, tiny pf, or blackice def.?

they may be blocking the incoming packets...
    jus a thought

b

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Well its solved now, I started getting numerous other headaches and errors galore from it, so I did a full format and restore everything works like a dream now.

Advertisement