Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wow an Irish Community!

Options
  • 21-05-2002 6:58pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,Wow im delighted to find an irish games community.
    Im a huge fan of online gaming and up until now ive spent the last 4 years or so gaming on UK servers,and with my 56k it can be pretty laggy at times.
    How have i missed this place ? I ask myself.I must be blind.

Anyways im pleased to meet you all.
    My favourites are Racing SIMS,ie Grand Prix Legends,Nascar 2002,
    IM also into Counter-strike,Ghost Recon,Wolfenstein,Medal of Honour,Urban Terror and Soldier of Fortune 2 [ well demo of SOF so far as its not released yet]

Now for my big question ,is there any irish servers about willing to let me join in the fun?
    Also since im from Kildare and mindfull that Cable connections are not readily available all over our little Island .
    Is there anybody here from Kildare with Cable or indeed anywhere ,Most importantly how much is it?
    My current ISP is IOL nolimitsby the way.

Anyways people Greetings to you all,I look forward to some nice discussion on this here Board.
    Cheers .:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

You may get a more answers regarding net access in the Net/comms forum.

And let me be the first to welcome you to the boards. Have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭KILLER.BEE

welcome Dcully to the boards.ie

as for online games kool heres a list server 1. C.S
    server 2. C.S
    server 3. C.S
    and a quake servers i think its games2.iol.ie

well Dclly if you have C.S (counter strike) thats all the servers out thier of irish online and in ireland,as for us who pop down to the shop and buy up the up to date games ,,,,i know this sounds
    a bit pissed off ...but i am.. its sad to know that if i want to play MOAA i have to go to english servers to do so,,:rolleyes: WELCOME TO GAMMING IRISH STILE:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Well regarding MOHAA i too have to join Uk servers,Im a member of VAC clan since this great game was released.WE usually book servers on BARRYBOOKABLe ,well the clan leader does.At times i get a ping of abput 250-300.Not bad considering the poor netcode for MOHAA.If i play after midnight on random public servers it aint bad either,but some servers closer to home would be sweet.
    I find the best games in regards to netcode are Ghost Recon simply amazing game especially with Desert Siege upgrade,Wolfenstein and Urban Terror which us Quak 3 netcode i think.SOF 2 multiplayer Demo seems to be coded even better than these.I cant wait for this game ,The random Map generator should be amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

IM also into Counter-strike
    Who isnt! Anyway welcome to the boards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I dont like CS

Welcome to Boards.ie :D *HugZ*

• Advertisement
Advertisement