Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you backup your music?

Options
  • 21-05-2002 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭

As the title says?
    This does not include selling or downloading them.
    Its only for your own use.

Whats your prefered method of backing up your precious music? 19 votes

MP3
    0% 0 votes
    Copy the cd
    68% 13 votes
    Onto tape/MiniDisc
    15% 3 votes
    Other. Please specify
    15% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

i dont.
    my cds dont tend to get thrown around the place too often :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I dont either. I keep my cds in great condition by not letting anybody else use them ever. The times when I had before the cases would come back broken and it would take ages to get the cds back.
    Now I keep them all on a big shelf and I keep them in their proper cases, nothing worse than having them scattered all over the place.
    If you take care of them there is no need to back them up really. Although I do copy them if I plan on bringing them away some were with me so I can leave the original at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

As soon as I buy a CD, its into the cd drive to be ripped. After that, its off to the CUPBOARD OF NO RETURN, where it can only be saved should one of my friends want to borrow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I tend to throw my cd's around thus i now saved them as mp3's to me hdd

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I don't either but I'd love to know -what constitutes throwing them around? I have visions of Azezil playing Ninja frisbee with his CDs :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

MP3. Not necessarily for backup, but for my MP3 player.

Backup is a nice bonus! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

I dont back up per se but I burn copies of anything I think my stickey fingered kid brother will be interested in (this is from the experience of loosing many cd's to his general carelessness)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭LUZ

i like to do compilation tapes for the car but thats all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Shane

Same here, only time I've ever had a CD destroyed was when the CD player decided not to let it out! The damn thing jammed when I pressed the "Open" button! Grrrrr! Don't see the need in making "back-ups".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by Gordon
    I have visions of Azezil playing Ninja frisbee with his CDs :eek:
    doesn't everyone ? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

If I get a lend of a CD and I like it enough (but not to buy it immediately), I'll usually stick it on a tape to listen to it. I kept napster on my home PC long after the free service shot down, as a player only, but eventually, 300+ songs (I know its not that many) fùcked up my hard drive, and wrote it off.
    I don't trust mp3, to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Well if I'm backing up a CD I suppose I'd use MP3 but I really don't care enough to...

If I really want to back it up I'll burn it...

Advertisement