Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Save as...

• 07-07-2001 5:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

How do I get Paintbrush to save pics in jpeg format ?
    It only lets me save em as Bitmaps..
    My m8's pc lets him save em as jpegs and Im sure I could do it before.
    Yea its probably something stupidly simple.. but do share smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Ah yeah it's just you have an older version of paint, the newer versions that come with SE, ME, win2k etc. allow you to save the pic as a jpeg.

What is now was once only imagined.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

I have SE ! I dont really wanna install any other program paintbrush is small and easy to use. Know anywhere I could d/l the newer version ?

All in all is all we are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Just use PSP or something to convert it to jpeg, shouldn't be too much trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Renton

Off yer m8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

It might be too obvious, but are you using "save" from the file menu or "save as". I have MSPAINT I got with Windows98 and it has alot of formats inc jpeg.

• Advertisement

I click save as.. And in the list of formats to save the file as I only get Bitmaps.
    I only need it every now and again, thats why I wanna stick with paint.. or paintbrush whatever its called smile.gif
    I have win98 SE.
    Friend of mine is us'n Win98 SE and he can save pics as jpg.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ConUladh

Weird, I went to 'save as' earlier today and I only had bitmap options, but then I right-clicked a jpeg, 'open with', MSPaint

and now any time I go into Paint I have a jpeg option available under 'Save As'

Try doing the same cause I might be going mad

When I right click on a Jpeg file I only get the option to "Open" It. Using IE.
    I tried opening a jpg through Paint, It opens it alright but I can still only save as Bitmaps.
    frown.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

It comes with MS Word 97. If you have SmartRestore on your computer use that to install Word, and when you next open Paint, the "Save As JPEG" option will have magically appeared.

You also get Microsoft Photo Editor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Xithus:
    When I right click on a Jpeg file I only get the option to "Open" It. Using IE.
    I tried opening a jpg through Paint, It opens it alright but I can still only save as Bitmaps.
    frown.gif
    </font>

Hold in the shift key, then right-click. it's there then.

--
    .sdrawkcab dootsrednu tub sdrawrof devil si efiL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Microsoft Paint, as sh|t as it may be in comparison with more serious paint packages such as PSP and Photoshop, came with all versions of Windows since 95. If you're really still using "Paintbrush" and not "Paint", that's the old 16-bit (Windows 3.x) program and you should really dump it immediately and start using Paint or get Paintshop Pro from www.jasc.com

Bard
    First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

Thanks a lot guys, Pie was right it comes with Word, I have it installed now smile.gif

Advertisement