Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

W0rd 0n The Street Says

Options
  • 21-05-2002 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

isnt kur(d)t cobains diary due for publication this crimbo? . was there a big legal battle over the publication of it between grohl and courtney love?
    thats pretty bad tho because in it i think it says that the only thing that keeps him alive is his pivacy.pah, im just gonna end up buying it anyway.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Yeh its true. But a lot of it was already released by Love for that biog a while ago "Heavier than Heaven." I have a feeling that it wouldnt exactly be Kurts wish but youre right... all the fans will probably want to read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

I won't, I mean come on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ro7

...I read the biog. on Kurt which was written by a chap called Chris Stanford ( I think thats his name ) and it was very good . Whatb was that Heavier Than Heaven book like ? I know there was no legal battle to stop the release of the diary cos Courtney was the next of kin and I think she is in control of his estate . There is a legal battle however , regarding who gets control over the unreleased Nirvana tune " You Know Your Right ". Love claims members of hole played on the song so she should have the right , while Dave and Krist believe they should have the right cos they played on it , they were in Nirvana with Kurt and they are also arguing that Love is not mentally stable . Record executives and industry insiders believe that the single has the potential , if released commerically , to sell up to 15 million copies . They say Love sold Kurts diaries to fund mounting legal costs of the court case .

Where are those midgets I ordered ?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Regan

I'd like to say, being someone who respected him, that i wouldn't buy it....but i know i will...

i don't think it's right, but my not buying it won't stop it being published so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭AtlantaSuburb

Originally posted by Regan
    I'd like to say, being someone who respected him, that i wouldn't buy it....but i know i will...

i don't think it's right, but my not buying it won't stop it being published so...

it's always a moral dilemma innit? i mean, i know i shouldn't have bought outline of my lover (whiny novel by michael stipe's ex about their relationship) but of course i did because i WAS dying to know if he's good in bed.. *lol* i guess it's sort of okay if there's some consent somewhere. so who gave the consent at the end of the day?

:-)

AtlantaSuburb:cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement