Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remeber that Phantom Gig in Whelans?

Options
  • 21-05-2002 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Remember the last time phantom closed down, and there was a big gig in Whelan's. What bands played at it? (Writin an article about phantom for college :) )
    Thanx!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

did blink?

i'm not sure but i remember phantom doing a live broadcast of blink one time from whelans if thats any help to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Neil_B

Yea it was Blink alright it was a great night to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 queenie

Yeah, i think i remember that, i just remember that there was loads of bands playn, and then the crowd were recorded chanting for phantom, and a copy of it waqs sent to the IRTC with their application of a licence. If any1 can remember any of the other bands that played I would be very grateful. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

I know Blink and Bran'do definitely played. Can't remember for the life of me who else was on though. Hmmmmmm......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭skittles

Yo...I didn't catch all the gig but apart from blink and brando there was the now burried "blew" and a lovely/memorable performance from mic christopher and glen hansard...I didn't know who mic was at the time and twas the only time I've seen him...magic.
    There was something very special about the atmosphere that night.

• Advertisement
Advertisement