Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civilisation Succesion Game : Signup

Options
  • 21-05-2002 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, I saw this on the old SA forums and I thought "hey that could be some fun!!!"

What you do basically is I'll start off a Civ 3 game as a certain country(tbd) and I will play 20 turns, then I will upload the save game and the next person will play the 20 turns and so on.

You must write a describtion of what you did in those 20 turns and it would be nice to talk about who we should ally with etc.

The rules are as follows(Copied from SA) :

We're using 1.21f, so get patched up. I recommend everyone read the changelog so they are aware of any major changes.

Try not to quickload! Just go with the flow. If you **** up, oh well, it will be a challenge for the next person in the rotation.

Everyone takes 20 turns, or less. I recommend opening Notepad before you start the game and using it to take notes, as you can easily alt-tab between it and Civ3. This makes keeping track of your turns and writing those awesome journals down.

Try and think about your teammates; don't start stupid wars, don't nuke your neighbors, and talk about strategy in this thread!

You have 24 hours to pick up the game, and another 24 hours after that to play. This is not strict; if you are going to be out of town one night, that's fine. (and has happened before, to me). But if you don't see yourself being able to play in a couple of days, pass the turn on.

POST POST POST! Talk about your country, your strategy, that you have downloaded the file and are fixing to play, etc.

The map is Normal, 8 civs, 4 billion years, middle continents, middle wetness, in other words, average.

Sign your name up below and we'll start off a game, hopefully by saturday :
    • PHB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

hmm, distinctive lack of interest so far :p

sounds like it could be fun if enough ppl join, so ill play if i can get a copy of the game.

also, i dunno if u can do this, but it would be more fun (imho) if real counties were used at a certain period in time i.e 1970s/80s cold war type dealie, with each country having decent recources instead of starting from scratch.

wavers
    pyure

Advertisement