Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q about eircom policy

Options
  • 22-05-2002 7:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

I was certain that Eircom are not allowed to use their info about you to flog you stuff as it is an unfair advantage over the reamins of the competetion. Specifically I got yet another call (after 3 complaints to the odtr, God knows how many to eircom itself begging them to stop calling up to 4 times a week) saying that as I am a high volume user I need another line. Well yes I do need one but I am damned if I am paying for one so there. But I did think they are not allowed to use your record to sell you stuff.
    Also if anyone has a suggestion about this I would be grateful. On my bill I am charged for 7 pieces of rented equipment. I can count only 5 but no matter who I speak they say they have no way of finding out what this is for!!! What are they like? Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by vampyre
    I was certain that Eircom are not allowed to use their info about you to flog you stuff as it is an unfair advantage over the reamins of the competetion.

I think the rule is the wholesale arm are not allowed provide info to the retail arm..

Advertisement