Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat DSL (uncapped)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

That's the business option and is really expensive right?

That's 1080 euro a year I think without installation for 512k/256k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

Yupe! that right, (just commenting that its uncaped) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

€1,080 per year, for always on uncapped broad band?

You have got to be shítting me...
    Thats excellent...

Ivan

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Eye

that's like 20 euro a week, 80 a month....nothing wrong with that in my opinion for an uncapped service i'd say that's the best offer i've seen to date

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

WOW. eircom could have learnt a lot if esat had launched before eircom. There prices would have been lower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

This all sounds reasonably affordable, but will it be avilable to the general public?

It probably will be...but not in the near future :(

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭timod

Originally posted by Eye
    that's like 20 euro a week, 80 a month....nothing wrong with that in my opinion for an uncapped service i'd say that's the best offer i've seen to date

It's 270 a quarter (ex VAT) = €27.23 a week(inc VAT)

Still 4 times as expensive as france, where it's €25 a month

But agreed, much better than Eircom's offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

€1080 per year = €20.77 a week, thats a few pints and a packet of chips you could do without :)

If like me you use your computer for education/work and entertainment then I think its good value for a new product.

ESAT did say they hoped to target the residential market directly coming up to christmas (typical 'familys go to PC World and buy a computer' time) but I'd get there SME offering right now if I could :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Dr.Seagull

esat also said they didnt see why we wouldnt have flat rate 56k by christmas 2001

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Matfinn

Originally posted by Ivan
    €1,080 per year, for always on uncapped broad band?

You have got to be shítting me...
    Thats excellent...

Ivan

Ivan i have no intention to offend you here, but Ill say this. You must be out of your mind if you think that €90 a month fro uncapped DSL is excellent. What do they pay for it in the UK? Lets assume STG£25 in some places, and in Euro that is around €40, which is less than half of what we have to pay esat.

Anyone who finds that price reasonable should have a good think, seriously. Please i urge you dont give in, dont accept these prices. They are an outrage.

Matt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

for business use its the best option in Ireland at the the moment, expensive but if u need it u need it.what does the LS and the ULMP after the speed stand for ???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

€270 for 3 months of unlimited Internet access - that's not bad. I agree that it's not as good as it should be but in the current climate I think it's too good to be true. We've heard "in the next 12 months" before and I wouldn't be surprised at a repeat of the 'no limits' fiasco.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

But will ESAT be releasing it through out Ireland ? If I remember right it was only a few select places outside Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

For those saying this price is not excellent.. you mist understand.. to us it is!! Think about it.. have you seen the prices elsewhere? The only other ADSL option is Eircom and their prices are a farce! So in that respect its very cheap.. still too high compared to other countries BUT when it goes mainstream Eircom will hopefully reduce theirs and Esat theirs and so on.. competition rules!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

Esat say they dont expect DSL to be available in dublin before Christmas if not after. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

As far as I know, esat are rolling out their DSL in Cork first.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

cork??? nice one i hear my exchange has already been updated r upgraded (whatever) for it.
    Ill definetly be getting it as soon as i can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Quorthon

Originally posted by Stephen
    As far as I know, esat are rolling out their DSL in Cork first.

Stephen

If you go to the Esat DSL site and go to the availability section, the only one so far is limerick.

Q

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Slight problem, they don't offer it on residential lines, and won't be in Dublin till after Christmas as said earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 keithwhir

its coming to galway next month !!!!
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TomF

I tried the URL mentioned at the beginning of this thread,

http://www.esat.ie/dsl/pricing.asp

and it doesn't work. Is there a correction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Originally posted by TomF
    http://www.esat.ie/dsl/pricing.asp

and it doesn't work. Is there a correction?
    ESAT seem to have broken their website into a bazillion little pieces. To be expected really when you see URLs that end in .asp...

Try again on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

I wonder will Esat even be around by the time they expect to launch DSL.

Have at a look at their Human Resources page here. They look like a company going places:rolleyes:
    MANAGEMENT TEAM
    There are no current vacancies in this area.

CARRIERS , NETWORKS & SERVICES

CONTENT SERVICE AND MEDIA HOSTING

HR

SALES & SERVICE

STRATEGY AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT

GENERAL COUNCIL

SOLUTIONS

FINANCE

PRODUCTS & MARKETING

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Originally posted by Matfinn

Ivan i have no intention to offend you here, but Ill say this. You must be out of your mind if you think that €90 a month fro uncapped DSL is excellent. What do they pay for it in the UK? Lets assume STG£25 in some places, and in Euro that is around €40, which is less than half of what we have to pay esat.

Anyone who finds that price reasonable should have a good think, seriously. Please i urge you dont give in, dont accept these prices. They are an outrage.

Matt
    But we live in Ireland, where we've had nothing of crappy prices in a long time. I got kicked off of IOL's unlimited Dial-up service, for "Overuse". If its cheaper than Eircon's prices, then its a step in the right direction. Eircon will have to lower prices or get beaten by Esat, then we will have a price war, else everyone will flock to Esat and they will lower their price due to demand. Either way, imho, its a win-win.

Ivan

Advertisement