Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jedi Knight 2 :jedi Outcast

Options
  • 22-05-2002 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi

Has anyone noticed a problem while playing jk2?
    On level 3 the games slows down and the sound stutters. I'm using compaq 550 mhz machine with 192 ram and nvidia tnt2 32 k card - anybody have any ideas?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Well firstly your problem is with your spec.. brand new game and real old computer! I only noticed a slow down on the swamp level
    half way through the game.. I have a 650mhz Athlon with 512mb ram and at the time a 32mb Radeon card...

Your CPU like mine is out of date and your mem and video card are not enough to off set the lag...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Yeah I'm getting alot of lag on the swamp too.
    P3 800Mhz - 32MB Nvidia as well.
    Need to upgrade swiftly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

No chance SMG, system is too slow, especially the graphics card.

Turn down details on everything, that might help a little. The swamp level is generally a framerate drag, what with all the water and mis fx. Not bad on mine, but what do u expect on a radeon 8500, and althon xp at 1.8ghz (yes, it's oc'ed).

Try some of the tweaks/settings/updates and stuff listed on Madonion to get the max out of your system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

The swamp didn't lag much for me, and I'm only on a Celeron 700 oc'ed at 785mhz and a GeForce 2 MX400. 512 RAM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Funny, I didn't have any problem with the swamp level - Athlon 600Mhz, 192MB RAM and a GF2 Pro.

The rain was a v. nice effect!

K

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I got a p4 1600 & 256 ram with a g-force 3 and I can run the game in high res just fine, it dosen't bug on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Why am I not surprised? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Is this now a "Who's got the best spec thread??"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

And it runs fine on my GF4 Ti4400...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

look to your video card thats the problem.
    You dont regardless need a 2gig box to play games no matter what ppl tell u.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Probably is the video card.. i notice those that did not have probs had a Gforce.. i had a Radeon VE 32mb, Koneko had the latest Radeon... I know there is a difference as on my system the Elder scrolls: Morrowind runs great now i have a 64mb Geforce 3, still a little slow but thats down to cpu being too slow.. creates bottleneck.. anyway on a P4 with 256mb RDram and a 64mb Radeon not only is visual quality not as good (effects not the best) but its actually slower even though the system itself should be faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well i just think its a slow game and i have a fast system but i dont mean frame rates not enough action in the earlier levels for me too much like tomb raider. I hope it gets better.

It was great on the lan and i saw it run on a good few systems there it was ok on my mates p3 550 with a 32meg tnt2 but then thats a lan game not the single player game.

Get an athlon that should help you along with a new vid card. then it`ll run fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

come to think of it, I did have a problem on that lvl, And Im us'n a Ti4600..

Advertisement