Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ABIT KT7A-Raid

• 10-07-2001 11:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭

Any one using this motherboard with Win2k and SBLive!- are the problems fixable??
    Any opinions on the board?

Cheers(again),
    lph

Jaysus 2 questions in one day this is nearly Joe22 standard...any way...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭lphchild

cheers sutty smile.gif just ordered one of those
    overclockers.co.uk bundles and started to get freaked out that win2k would cause major problems(had done my research -but after spending that amount of money was panicking!)..and suffering severe disillusionment re: my other posts problem..
    Thanks,
    lph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

My experience (with the SB Live Player! 1024) is the sound being a bit cracky, but updating the BIOS, drivers and hotfixes worked a treat... it's now running perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

I have an ABIT-KT7 (not raid) and I'm very pleased with it. Don't have an SB Live or anything new, my card is an old AWE 64 smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

Win2k, ABIT KT7-RAID and an Athlon don't work well with games, in fact no games work with that set up, I learned that the hard way frown.gif

Bizzarley if you use WinXP all games work fine, apparently it's something to do with Athlons and Win2k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

There are a problem with the Sblive 5.1 cards and the KT7 Family of boards, you need to get the latest BIOS to fix it.
    (Ps...Its a kind of lagging right?)

then you need to go to the BIOS section on

http://www.viahardware.com/faq/kt7/kt7faq.htm

It's a good board for what you payed for it, and it seams to be stable as well (with over clocked CPU's)

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Thats a load of bull, did you use the right drivers? 4 in 1's? 4.30 are the best i think

I have an

Athlon T-bird 850@1Gz
    KT7 -RAID
    2x IBM 30GB 75GXP hd's
    SBlive 5.1
    512 megs of ram
    Win2k build 2195 sp2 and Linux RedHat 7.1

and it works fine in all games.

you didn't set it up right or use the right drivers or seomthing.

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

[This message has been edited by sutty (edited 11-07-2001).]

Advertisement