Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why Is Enterprise So Dull! Dull! Dull!

• 22-05-2002 3:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

I can't be the only person out there who finds this show seriously lacking. I taped each of the last three episodes and I gave up after 30 minutes in each viewing.

Wtf is going on? Okay Voyager and DS9 had a few dud episodes but with Enterprise its the same dull, plodding crap every week. I'm seriously thinking of packing it in with this show.

Never thought I'd say that about a Star Trek show :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

nope, you're not the only one except thats its ever 15mins for me when i switch it off

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Yup it's defo not up to the same standard as any of the previous shows. I've actually nodded off during the last two episodes...Hope things improve soon or my sister won't have to head to a friends to watch Eastenders on a monday night anymore ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Firstly i LOVE Star trek.... never miss an ep... even of Enterprise but i see what your on about.. compared to even the early DS9 eps, Enterprise is lacking.. its not only the story though.. its the characters... some of them are muppets... like that Mayweather chap.. he is the worst i think... Tucker's accent annoyed me at first but he is about the best now i think... Reed needs to do something about his lacck of personality... i actually like the Doctor, T'Pol and even Hoshi is not bad.. at least she looks nice along with T'pol
    and captain Archer? Well he is ok but is exactly like he was in Quantum Leap.. funny ep with him and Dean Stockwell back in action! Kept thinking he would start referring to the computer as ziggy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

Yeah I think its a mixture of the dull characters and the been-there-done-that storylines.

Character-wise there is one exception though. When I first saw the doctor - I thought here we go again - another drippy Neelix alien. But I was very pleasantly surprised - its just a pity they don't use him more.

As for Captain Archer - I find him too gung-ho and patronizing. He just puts on that queasy smile and keeps patting people on the back. Although given the script can you blame him - he's probably cringing half the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

... the same people that made the other ones, made this one.

It doesn't matter who the actors are, if the executive producers are the same braga/berman (or whatever they are called). Gradually it all descends in to the same old ****, retold again and again.

Enterprise was cute for the first 3 or so eps when it was 'new' and they were 'discovering' the issues involved with space exploration... but now it has dropped into the same old american show formula.

c0y0te

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

yeah, star trek is really $hit these days, the producers have a real hardon for the theme "non-human getting in touch with their human side", first was data - it was original and interesting, then every non human in every series was doing it, how many episodes featured 7 "finding her humanity"..who cares... all i want is more eviler aliens, bigger space battles, and wont it be cool if they copied star wars and had aliens like jedi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

If Lt.Cmdr.Data was introduced to the series, then I'd watch it every week ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Originally posted by SantaHoe
    If Lt.Cmdr.Data was introduced to the series, then I'd watch it every week ;)

Somehow i doubt that will happen.. at best Brent Spiner could play someone else though... maybe an ancestor of Dr Sung (Data's creator)

Advertisement