Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop screen problem (this is a hard question :)

• 11-07-2001 12:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Here's the deal, I got myself a nice cheap notebook ($1.3k PIII 800, 20GB, 512MB).

It's a KDS 6480iPTD-01, very nice actually (considering how cheap it was).

However I'm having an issue installing redhat (already posted in Unix forum so don't move it).

The book says the LCD display (TFT) supports the dualscan STN color displays with a max of 64K colors and 1024x768.

I have checked their website and it says the vid is Trident CyberBLADE Ai1 2x AGP Video w/ 8 MB (SMA2).

But I can't for the life of me get it to work. I can get full screen in text/graphicky mode to work and the installer works in graphical mode fine. Just not GNOME.

Can anyone tell me how find out what the V/H Sync for this kind of screen is and the refresh rate?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Hobbies from what I've seen a lot of LCD screens at high res, use 60MHz V-sync. you are going to have to edit your x86conf to defaut to it. It may also be the type of screen that linux thinks it is?! as in work my P790 dell monitor will not work right on redhat 7.1 as it thought it was a P792 monitor. I think they have different bus gens on them or something

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

[This message has been edited by sutty (edited 11-07-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I got the spec from the Korean company, although they give me the specs in random values and told me first they don't support linux.

The vid card was "Cyberblade (Generic)" and the monitor was 48KHz Vertical, 60Hz Horizontal, 8MB memory, no clock, no probes, 1024x768@16bit.

Advertisement