Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lee Bowyer for Sale!

• 22-05-2002 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Do you want your team to buy him?

He walked dispite being ofered a five year, £2 million a year deal.
    Liverpool and Arsenal seem to be the names mentioned most often, speaking as a Red I can only hope Houllier does'nt spend the Anekla money on him.

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I don't want him on the 'pool team either.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

i'd love to see bowyer at the pool! we need somebody for the right wing as barmby and smicer just aren't providing the goods!! Liverpool need somebody like bowyer!! hopefully they will drop murphy if they buy bowyer!!!

honestly i think it would be a great signing for liverpool!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

id be suprised and disappointed with Arsenal if they bought Bowyer considering how international the Arsenal team is to bring in a renowned rascist would be a bit of a slap in the face to all the players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its his character flaws that concern me too, Liverpool run a tight ship for the most part and Bowyer would be a disruptive presence
    in my view. Anyway 15 million is a bit pricey there are as good availible for less.

Mike.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

no way keep him far away from man united please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Originally posted by sleepwalker
    id be suprised and disappointed with Arsenal if they bought Bowyer considering how international the Arsenal team is to bring in a renowned rascist would be a bit of a slap in the face to all the players

Perhaps you'd like to back that up?
    I suppose Fowler is a reknowned Drug addict?
    And I bet Dwight York had your sister!
    After all it was in the [tabloid]Sun![\insert tabloid name] It must be true!

Get a life!

X

True!! True!! if the Sum said it was the end of the world tomorrow how meny people would believe them!! or if zidane and figo and kluivert all wanted to finish their careers at Man City!!! it just aint gonna happen!!!!

To be honest i think that Bowyer is second best player at his position.... attackin right midfield!!! after Freddie Ljunberg(spellin!) of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Headcase

Ye he is good, but what kinda influence would he have on the rest of the team. It's a gamble, but a very good one if he settles in well. should a manger take that chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Cant see any of the top 4 buying they dont actually need him.
    Cant understand the liverpool fan above wanting Murphy dropped i thinks he a great player for them.
    Newcatle have Solano on a long term deal but doesnt Bowyer prefer midfield.
    i reckon Newcastle will ahve him.
    kdja

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭prenton

On a pure footballing outlook I think he'd make a great buy for Liverpool. We have 4 midfielders (Murphy, Berger, Smicer and Barmby) who are all basically the same. None are wingers, they all like to take the ball infield and shoot, Bowyers not a winger but at least he gets into the box and gets double figures for goals which is lacking from Liverpools midfield.

Course the other side of it is, hes a complete nutter :mad: with a really bad attitude, so I hope they don't go near him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭m0o|Dino

Bowyer would be a great addition to Liverpool’s squad. Attitude or no attitude, bottom line he’s a great player. He scores a lot of goals and plenty of assists, i have him for the pool in cm01/02 and he pwns:)

i am a true pool fan have been all my life!!! i would love to see bowyer go to liverpool.... for all the reasons every1 has said!! He is a great midfielder!!!

I personally think that Danny Murphy is one of the worst players we have on the cards!! ok he scores vital goals but then of the other 89 minutes of the game he dissappears!! hence why i was sad to hear that he was out of the english squad!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I would never want Chels to get him a good footballer maybe but he's a scumbag and he would only cause trouble anyway he'll join a CL team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

Ehhh just wait a second there

6 years ago he was arrested for thrashing a fast food restraunt while screaming racist abuse and im sure you recall a certain courtcase that went on during the past year

please remove your head from your arse if Lee Bowyer wasn't playing football he would be someone you would call a scumbag but because hes talented you feel some sort of need to ignore what he is and instead defend him

hes a racist and a scumbag for christ sake get past your celebrity worship and then maybe you would see it aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I'm not defending Bowyer but at then end of the day he was found ng. I personally don't like him and he kept on saying he was going to stay at Leeds great loyalty Lee eh?

Advertisement