Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy X: May 24th.

Options
  • 22-05-2002 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭

Final Fantasy X arrives in it's full glory on PS2
    It's been ages in the waiting, but Final Fantasy 10 is finally due to be released this Friday, May 24th. In the game, you take on the role of Tidus, a blitzball player who has had his world changed. With his civilisation destroyed, he must journey through the land of Spida, aiding the summoner Yuna and her guardians in their quest to destroy the evil entity known only as 'Sin'. Only then will he be able to find out what really happened! An exclusive extra to Gamesworld is that when you pick up a copy of Final Fantasy X from either any of our stores around the country or on the Gamesworld estore, you will receive a free copy of Final Fantasy 6 on the PSOne! Not bad for €64.99!

Rather nice deal.
    I was under the impression we still had 1 week to go.
    Shame Square would not offer some of us a NTSC/PAL60 version.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Da_Kid

I've been waitin 4 this game 4 phukin aeons now (sorry)...but I've a bad feeling about the localisation, some have said it's the worst PAL conversion ever...

A m8 of mine got it yesterday (or said he did), he went into some games shop and asked the guy when it'd be out, the guy said he had some copies in the back that he wasn't supposed to sell but he knew my m8 personally and gave him a copy anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I'll probably have to wait until after my f'king exams :rolleyes:

I don't really mind the 50hz mode and the borders, the demo was acceptable enough for me. Can't wait :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Argh........releasing it just before the leaving cert here, bastards :(.

I'll have to wait until after that to play it, if I bought it before the exams I wouldn't do very well :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

yea in my work(xtra-vision) ya get a free poster or sum sh!t when ya pre-book one
    dont think one person has pre-booked any though

Cant wait. Think I'll get it of play.com so hopefully it'll have a nice fair price. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

They've got FF XI in Japan now it I'll be online so we won't be able to play it here without broad band, Eircom need to get the finger out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,373 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Didit really have to take 6 months to do a pal conversion it was out in america since st. stephens day. They couldn't even do a decent job either i heard theres still black bloody borders!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,373 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I just read that theres a new scenario for the europe release that takes place 2 years after the ending. interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Nah, its nothing new, its just the extra "uninteractive" ending that came with the international version of the game.

I got it when it came out there in february. Its nothing much, just a 2 minute extra thing at the end of the game.

You'll be happy to know that the replay value after you clear the game is quite high. Trying to beat all the dark aeons (the americans dont have this so you can have a good laugh cos you know cos you have it they want it :P ).
    Its basically exactly the same as the international edition.
    Great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I gave in and went ahead and bought it today. 70 ****in euro, worth every penny though. I really like it, the random battles are actually fun in this game and I love the new sphere board thing. The way you can tag in other members of the group is dead handy, its made the game very easy so far though.

Voice acting is a bit dodgy at times but thats forgivable cause the game looks so ****ing gorgeous (even with the hefty borders and the 50hz mode weve got here). You don't even notice the immediate change from CGI to ingame footage, its hard to tell the difference sometimes. I'd even go as far as to say its as good, if not better than FF7.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by bugs

You'll be happy to know that the replay value after you clear the game is quite high.

Just a note on that bugs, do you have to do side quests at certain times or can you go back and do them once you've completed the game? I found it quite annoying in FF8 when I messed up the chance to get carbuncle(GF) :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

My poor bro loves all of the final fantasys.Poooor him he's goin away during da summer 2 America and will not b able 2 play no. 10 coz he wont ave enough time.(sigh).... i like da storys and everythin but i don't play da game.awwh da poor chap will b so annoyed he's away and can't play da game.:D :D :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Hey, Jabba, You know you get asecond chance to get carbuncle? I always forget to get him the first time too, but you can draw him from one of the bosses in Ultemicia's castle at the end.

Ahhhh crap! I dont believe it. Shame I completed it ages ago :/

I don't think side-quests have to be completed at any particular times. I know you can take your time with the celestial weapons as i didn't get all of them till after i completed the game.

I'm pretty sure you can go back and do anything you missed out on. None of the map is blocked once you get the airship so i presume you can go back and do anything.

You'll really have to get everything if you want to even attempt to kill the dark aeons, and then you have to go and max stat the characters to kill Der Richter ( theres just no other way, you can't even hit him without a luck stat of about 200 or above and thats silly hard to build up )
    If you just "ignore" the dark aeons, you'll live an easlier life :)

I don't have a job yet and i wasted all my money going out after college so now i can't buy it. I start work tomorrow though so i'll have it in about 1-2 weeks. Oh the agony of waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

You'll really have to get everything if you want to even attempt to kill the dark aeons, and then you have to go and max stat the characters to kill Der Richter ( theres just no other way, you can't even hit him without a luck stat of about 200 or above and thats silly hard to build up )
    Use the aim ability...

Accuracy has nothing to do with it, first time i fought him, my entire team had 255 stats in everything but luck (and you can't get a stat above 255 even by using magics), but i just missed all the time.

You'll understand if you get there... if....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

the best game this year, but they just released a directors cut in the U.S. its on 2 D.V.D's it's the longest game ever made suposedley, but it cost's $10 more then any other new realese out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Er, the "Directors Cut" (which is actually called FFX International) is the version which Europe is getting. The USA originally got vanilla FFX, same as the original Japanese release.

And no, it's not the "longest game ever made" (a somewhat spurious measure anyway, since everyone plays games at different speeds) - there are some HUGE RPGs out there. FFX can be finished in about 30 hours I figure, playing through it at normal rate. I think I did it in 40 with a lot of messing about at various points, although I've probably put 60-70 hours into it overall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Chowmein

Any one know if Square are going to realase a PC version?

Potentially the longest game ever if you're willing to sit and fight things in the monster arena building stats for about 2000 hours, or you can just use the ap trick.

That said, pacman never actually ends, when you get to stage 99 and clear it, you go back to stage 1, so it is the longest game ever!

Accuracy has nothing to do with it, first time i fought him, my entire team had 255 stats in everything but luck (and you can't get a stat above 255 even by using magics), but i just missed all the time.

You'll understand if you get there... if....
    Ok, not using any AP tricks to level so my characters are very weak. In fact, Auron is the strongest character with around 70 strength. Ran into Dark Valefor, Dark Magus Sister etc but they are dead now muhahah :) You don't need to cheat and get 255 stats. Just grand summon Yojimbo and give him all your gil (didn't have much anyway, 300k for Magus sister and 40k for Valefor) and Yojimbo will use his Zanmato skill to kill them instantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Chowmein

Woo help full tip there Code :D

First time i ran into the Dark Magus Sister, they did a Delta-Attack on me that did multiple 99,999 damage. Then I got a lucky pre-emptive atack on the Dark Magus Sister on my 2nd attempt to run past the summoners and got the chance to summon Yojimbo. I was surprised it worked. For valefor you'll need a weapon with first strike then swap in Yuna for the summon. It looks like Yojimbo will almost always do his Zanmato attack if his overdrive is full and you give you lots or all your gil. Ah well, bed time.

Valefor is easy, all of the standard GF's are relatively easy, fighting dark yojimbo and bahamut isn't. Der Richter is virtually impossible. If you can beat.... actually, if you can hit der richter without maxed stats, then theres 2 simple answers, 1. the euro version is completely simple, 2. there is no 2, its not possible without enormous luck stat.

Advertisement