Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OS and Games

• 11-07-2001 4:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭

Wondering what would be the best os for games

im buying a new pc soon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Win XP m8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Red Moose

Yup, go for Windows XP Home Edition (there is also going to be a Professional edition). $99 for the upgrade, $199 for full version (i.e., same integer value but in IR£ for here).

Both will be as stable as the other, both based on Windows 2000 (rock solid!). Professional version will be $100 more for each version (upgrade/full version). The Register was talking about it recently; all versions should be out by end of August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Yup, i'm using Win XP build 2465 atm and its well solid, no problems with games -they all run fine. Im for once happy with this MS OS

"So long loosers whom I've always hated"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

i have been running XP RC1 and testing it purely on games and have to say i disappointed.i have found the 9x/2000 compatibility mode in XP does not help either.
    its just windows 2000 with some newer eye candy.
    result=format*reinstall win2k.

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

Advertisement