Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Refills

Options
  • 23-05-2002 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭

I noticed a Subway restaurant in cork the other day... I thought it was interesting that they still do free refils of soft-drinks same as in America. I presume the franchise wouldn't let them change anything because its a bold decision to be giving free refills out in cork :)

in USA if 2 people go to subway they buy a sandwich and a drink each. A problem I would anticipate is when two Irish people go in, they each buy a sandwich, but one of them buys a drink and the two of them share.

Are there many other places offering free refills in dublin or even cork? do you think it could become more common?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

pizza hut has an all you can eat buffet with free refills :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

You should read "fast food nation"

The mark up is so high on soft drinks you could drink 10 of them and they'd still make a profit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭dysfunct

Mmm, yah, free refills i like that about Subway.
    You begin to question how they can do that, but as jd said the mark up must be unreal.

Over in america theres a lot of places that do that, All you can eat restaurants to be more specific.
    I remember this one place called "Ponderosa" or something like that. It was an all you can eat reastaurant spot and omg the food was great. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭colinsky

I'm amazed by the number of people, though, who go into places with free refills and order a large soda. They're basically giving money away. Get the small cup, and refill it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

The cup costs more than the drink. A lot of places in the states (regardless of all you can eat or not) give free refills, in fact they put the drinks machine outside the workers area and allow people to have at it on their own.

Pizza hut have free refills for anybody, not just all you can eat, infact they come around and whisk away your empty glasses and refill them for you. Nice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

and this refill business doesnt have anything to do with Americans being slightly overweight?!?

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭colinsky

Originally posted by adnans
    and this refill business doesnt have anything to do with Americans being slightly overweight?!?
    Well, not necessarily, 'cause the refill offer is just as valid for a Diet Coke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭EL_Diablo

Originally posted by dysfunct
    I remember this one place called "Ponderosa" or something like that. It was an all you can eat reastaurant spot and omg the food was great. :D

Yeah its called ponderosa. You go in, order your main meal before you sit down, then help yourself to the all you can eat starter buffet, get your meal, then the all you can eat dessert buffet. And all through you have free refills on drinks. The food was great and the prices were low enough. I know there is a big mark up on food and drink but i can't imagine that place would make a hell of a lot at the end of the day.

Advertisement