Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email on the move!!

Options
  • 23-05-2002 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I will be going to france for a few weeks very soon and I will really need access to my e-mail!! I am trying to find a good and relatively cheap way of doing this. It is a camping holiday so I wont have access to a phone line. First thing I thought of was using a mobile phone but that will cost 1.50 a minute or more. Any one have any suggestions that are affordable!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭The Cigarette Smoking Man

Internet cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RFHost

I will be in fairly remote areas and it will probably be difficult to find an Internet cafe!! I would much prefer if I had some sort of wireless solution but I can't find anything. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Originally posted by RFHost
    I will be going to france for a few weeks very soon and I will really need access to my e-mail!! I am trying to find a good and relatively cheap way of doing this. It is a camping holiday so I wont have access to a phone line. First thing I thought of was using a mobile phone but that will cost 1.50 a minute or more. Any one have any suggestions that are affordable!!
    See if you can get your GSM handset unlocked, if it's not already (try using a different Irish provider's SIM in it). When you get to France, find a mobile phone shop and ask them for a SIM-only pay-as-you-go deal. Orange in France do it for 30 euro which includes 10 euro call credit. That will get you off the insane roaming rates and down to 30 cent a minute or less. Not perfect, but doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

or just befriend some local, he/she is bound to have a computer and phone line, if they don't I'm sure they're friends will :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

just don't ned up marrying their puc daughter for access like others have before you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement