Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

drummers!!!!!!!

Options
  • 23-05-2002 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

why is it that its so hard to find drummers????? if there are any drummers out there who want to join a band please get in touch!!!!! two guitarists and a bassist need a drummer to finish lineup.....influences range from turn to system of a down.....mundy to tool......17+ and once u can hold a beat down all is cool!!!!!!
    thanx for reading this far!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭My name is Mud

1. Drums are really expensive
    2. Drums are hard to move from place to place
    3. Practicing is not the quietest thing (neighbours hate you)
    4. Apparently 'Drummers just hang out with a band'

Although, it really depends on what you offer. I play drums and most of the ads I see for 'Drummer Wanted' all seem the same. Nothing ever stands out as a really cool gig, or alot of fun.

just a thought

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

Most ads in Dublin seem to end with:

"...Influences: Whitesnake, Led Zeppelin, Metallica."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by My name is Mud
    1. Drums are really expensive
    2. Drums are hard to move from place to place
    3. Practicing is not the quietest thing (neighbours hate you)
    4. Apparently 'Drummers just hang out with a band'

Although, it really depends on what you offer. I play drums and most of the ads I see for 'Drummer Wanted' all seem the same. Nothing ever stands out as a really cool gig, or alot of fun.

just a thought

True, true, true.
    Although it makes it great for us drummers, 'cos we get to pick and choose what band we wanna join :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Mr Crowe

...The Murder of Crows have only been together about 10 months and we're on our fourth and final drummer......only in the last 2 months have we found the perfect drummer and i'm happy to say hes workin' out perfectly and we're gonna get some serious recording and giggin done as soon as summer hits.....

.......anyway man good luck to ya', dont give up....the right drummer is out there, hes just gonna be a bitch to find;)

peace&love
    mr crowe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 matsguitarstrap

cheersman...any chance of putting a few of ur rejects my way?????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 matsguitarstrap

and i mean rejects as in the ones u let go...not in a derogatory way!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i hear ye, we were lookin for a drummer for about 7 months, now we got one - he was under our noses the whole time - he is the lead guitarists mate. we got a drummer!!! ahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭jebusmusic

I'm in a band already as a guitarist, but play the drums too and i've been thinkin bout joinin a band as a drummer! what kinda **** do ya play? i'm into everythin u listed. playin ure own stuff or covers or both? (gimme some examples!) i'm 18, & live out the blackrock area, wouldn't mind jammin wit ya if ure interested? in the music centre or sumthin?:confused: anyways, jus lettin ya know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jonny

drummers are mad

(no offence to anyone, i mean that in the most affectionate way. in fact, a drmmer broke my heart., no wait. nah, thats a lie. but it sounded good.);)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by jonny
    drummers are mad

So I'm told! Why do you say?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭crow

drummers ARE mad, goalkeepers are pretty nuts too! our fourth and final drummer (myself being in The Murder of Crows too!) played guitar in a band before he picked up the tubs... i think that's a good formula cos *most* thourough bred drummers are just lazy stoners with no ambition but great time... :)

Advertisement