Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

keano why why why

Options
  • 23-05-2002 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

just heard the news ,im totally gutted i shocked ,stunned and a little bit amased .the loss of keane in midfield is devastating .in the coming hours im sure well find out excatly what the **** went on but if it was keanes fault or whoever it doesnt really matter .it only matters the we wont be seeing a true legend in his prime .after the portugal game a friend of my was sitting in lilles he looked around and figo was sitting beside him with his agent they got talking about the match and roy keane.figo said of keane "he is truly one of the greatest players i have ever played against he is world class roy keane is a man of steel" im pissed off why why why why why keano........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Jim Daniels

Cause the FAI are idiots.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Roy Keane needs to re evaluate his concept of "TEAM"

Angry .....very annnnggrrrryyyyyy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

the FAI need to revaluate their concept of organisation...****ing half witted bastards...never going to another irish match for fear of giving those useless ****s money they don't deserve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 marko

i dont think Mick McCarthy had a choice - why the **** couldn't Keane keep his stupid mouth shut
    :confused:

Doesn't say much about the other players the way everyone was counting on him - hopefully they'll prove us all wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Deckchair

The word on the street is that Keano's 'Presonal Problems' at home will be revealed in a kiss and tell story to be published in 'The News of the World' next Sunday. His Marriage finished, apparantly he's been sleeping around and his wife is sick of it.
    She told him not to come back from the world cup beacause the marriage was over anyway and it wouldn't make any difference.
    The kiss and tell story involves a girl who reckons she is pregnant with Keanes baby!!!
    Obviously this is all hear say at the moment, all will be revealed in the next few days I suppose.
    The King is dead long live the King.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭joey D

shouldn't this stuff belong on the 'sport/world cup' board? unless of course keano is coming home to help plan a Phundraiser II. which would be nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭horsekick

I dont think it's the FAI's fault. Of course they are to blame to a certain extent, but if Keane can't keep his mouth shut for the good of the team, the he's better off gone.
    Fùck him, we'll do it without him.
    He didnt seem to want to be there in the first place, and its not as if we havn't played without him before anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

I had this ALL DAY!!! Is nowhere sacred??????
    I wish that ass keane had stayed in the team just so this topic would be non existent!!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

ye fuk him,
    i'm gutted because of the loss,
    but if suffering leads to anger, master yoda,
    then my anger is facing him.
    he abused the most important man in the system - the boss.
    as mick said, they're there to enjoy themselves.
    keane's initial moaning put a dampner on my excitement,
    and the team don't need that negativity.
    it's sad but the only way to look forward to it is to put him behind us. he's history but an unfortunate lack of history in terms
    of ireland.
    the boys will play their hearts out there and so will the fans.
    he won't spoil my party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sultan of Ping

all Keano did was voice his frustrations at what has been a farcicle start to our world-cup campaign.

McCarthy's ineptitude as a manger has once again been highlighted. Not only did he let the shabby preparations (flights, pitches, misssing gear) go un protested but he then decides to have the "clear the air" meeting with Roy with the rest of the team present.

Keano is a born and proven winner, he performs and succeeds at the highest levels of soccer with Man U. Hes out in Japan not to make up the numbers but striving to win, hes not the sort of person who competes with a half assed attitude.

He had every right to vent his anger at McCarthy, cos McCarthy has perpetuated the lax atmosphere surrounding their training in Saipan.

his departure will terrible for Ireland the team and the country, I don't think we'll get to the second round without him, I know everyone says no one man is a team, but in Roy Keane you have one of the best footballers in the world, possibly the best ever to don a green jersey (I know know Paul McGrath), and the rest of the irish team are simply not in his league.

I fully back roy in his decision to go home, hes a man of principles and hes standing by them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Just a point Rot was "sent" home by Mick and rightly so in my opinion.

I just hope Roy can now focus his attention on supporting good young irish bands and put the past behind him :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i got 3 words for ye,

cork drama queen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I totaly agree with sultan of ping you the FAI are the biggest shower of wasters ever. Keane has so much drive ambision and profesionalism that he cant accept the amaturish behavior by mccarthy and the FAI or Fu*k All Intelegence

By the way I guess from your knickname youre a sultans of ping fan can you tell me where to find their album casual sex in the cineplex its been nearly as heard to find as whipping boy album heartworm which i found in switzerland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sultan of Ping

your best bet in acquiring the debut album from the coolest kanole band in the world is to get it through either ebay or gemm.

I went a bit mental two years ago and managed to supplement my Sultans collection through internet buying to such an extent that i have all their releases on CD and Vinyl .. .. .. .. ..

the things people do for Cork nostalgia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Tom182

I think that both Mick and Roy handled the whole situaion wrong.
    After Roys' initial outburst (with Packie and Alan Kelly),M ick should've taken him aside to find out what was really going through his head.
    After the second outburst,Mick (as manager) should've said something like
    "OK Roy,**** has hit the fan here,you want to quit international soccer after this tourament...fine...you want to critise my decisions...fine.Whatever issues you have,with me,or anyone else,just put them behind us for the next few weeks and show the world why we are in this world cup,and deal with our problems at a later date"
    A bit of constructive confrontation goes a long way mate....
    BOTH OF THEM HANDLED THE WHOLE SITUATION WRONG WHICH IS WHY IT ESCALATED TO THE PROPORTIONS IT DID!

Thank you,and good day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

what the **** is this post doing on this board?

Because I can...I can start any thread I want,anywhere I want,it's up to the people if the feel like replying..JUST LIKE YOU DID!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

Originally posted by Tom182
    Because I can...I can start any thread I want,anywhere I want,it's up to the people if the feel like replying..JUST LIKE YOU DID!!!!!

I thought palmic posted the thread. Or are you both the same person?

Yes you can start your own thread wherever you want, but threads do get moved, and rightly so, if they aren't in the right place. if people want to discuss keane, they can go to the sport / world cup forum. I've had enough of this debate offline and then I come online to a music board and people are discussing it.

Fair enough point..and we're not the same person..
    I just thpught your last post was aimed directly at me.
    Let's cut or losses and stop this thread now!!!

Advertisement