Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dodgy board ?

• 12-07-2001 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Gerry im looking for a decent 810+or BX intel chipset board preferably that suports ultra ATA/100 and a fbs of 100mhz for a p3 866 The shuttle board i have (and do not like)is a spacewalker ME17/ME18 celeron based ppga this boards default setting is 66mhz but i had to overclock 100mhz it to get it to even boot the p3 but now in not happy with its stabilty The main problem is the fella im building it for is adament that either the BX or Intel based boards are better for sound (what he is going to be doing with it)and personaly i dont know enough about that to argue anyway im off to look myself but experience wins over sales patter any day so any suguestions would be greatfully received

look mar not a single fullstop smile.gif

Stone biggrin.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Don't get the i810, its rubbish. Some decent bx boards are the abit bx133/raid, and the ones. The bx has been around so long that asus cubx-e. Both have ata/100. You could get an i815 board either, the intel deai815 is good, as are the abit sa6r and asus cusl2-C. To be honest most bx and i815 boards are stable, just don't go for the really cheap just about every manufacturer has figured out how to make a nice board based around it, and the i815 seems to be almost as good.

<edit> A gigabyte or msi i815 board would do fine either. Also note that your shuttle board is not based on the celeron, its based on the i810, and will work with fcpga chips as well as ppga.
    Also the new abit st6 will work with the upcoming tualatin processors if upgradeability is important to your customer.
    </edit>

[This message has been edited by Gerry (edited 12-07-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

Soz i ment to say that shuttle board was designed more to take the celeron ppga chips rather than the higher spec 866 p3 not that it was based on per say even though it says in the manual for future cpu`s its highest listing is a celeron 500 and i reckon it will come back to haunt me.Anyway the D815EEA2 or D815EPEA2 ATX look promising ill be looking into the boards you suguested.

Thanks

Stone biggrin.gif

Advertisement