Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

David Plaine's Stupid PR Stunt

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

Did anyone see him pulling out his own beating heart from his chest and then collapse to the ground. I didn't see it but i saw the picture in a apaer. How did he do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭TetsuoHashimoto

" He didn't eat anything for 4 days" since when does 35 hours equal 4 days? And so What? Do you know that Jenifer Hardbury didn't eat anything for 40 days when protesting outside the White House, for a much better reason.
    The "beating heart" is easy, can be done by normal slight of hand tricks. I worked in a meat factory and seen many organs, the heart is an independant organ that will continue to beat for a very long time after seperated form the body.
    He used a simple quick hand eye trick, and I'd also agree that there's better stuff on the streets of Hong Kong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

Originally posted by PiE
    Alright standing on the pole for 35 hours was a decent achievement stamina-wise but how did he do that punch-thru-the-glass-and-grab-a-watch trick that was on SkyOne just now?

Good lighting / cgi? Seriously, don't trust anything you see on tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I don't see what everyone's complaining about.... it's not supposed to be some sort of magical spectacular thing he was doing, it was a feat of endurance, and it made for a reasonably interesting hour of TV (compared to the alternatives that were on).

Oh and the handles, afaik they were extended at the end so he could hold them and move around a bit to get the blood circulating in his legs for the final jump, I don't think he had them until near the end.

I see people are saying "Oh I could do that it's not that big a deal", and maybe you could, but would you go up on a pole the width of a dustbin lid 10 storeys up and stand there for 35 hours? Maybe you could do it but you'd want to be damn sure beforehand, it's a long way down. He trained for a year to do this stunt according to the program tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Maybe they could tie you up in some sort of glass box so that you were free to swivel and then you had to knock over a certain number of targets with your willy in a set time or the glass box filled with poisonous gas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Headcase

Thought it was pretty impressive, I know I couldn't stand in the one spot for 35 hours, Christ I couldn't do for 35 mins.

I've seen some of his street stuff, like pushing a cigarette through a coin(dumby coin of course), but it was still entertaining, fake or not. It was peoples reaction that was enteraining, not the actual trick.

And as for the people giving out about him,
    Who says you have to watch it!

• Site Banned Posts: 334 ✭✭scuzzy

I've been trying to so this stunt ever since I heard about it about a month ago. So far I'm up to about 2 3/4 hours.
    After that the boredom and the pain and the dehydration just gets the better of me. I say fair ****s to the lad...

Advertisement