Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography

Options
  • 23-05-2002 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭

Hello,

At 4PM today, principal told repeats that today was our last day. Really surprised, teachers or anyone else didn’t know about it. Only problem is that we never got the chance to finish 1 or 2 topics in some subjects. My main problem is Geography. We were planning to do Glaciation (physical geography) tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday but now we obviously never got a chance. How important do you reckon it is? Could I just get away with rivers and coasts only? If I decide to try and do glaciation myself, what are the main features I should do?

Thanks!

Jeremiah

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 alex122

from what I have heard and been told from my geog teacher is that glaciation is likely to come up this year as it hasn't been on for a while compared to the other physical topics..

I think rivers came up last year and has been on regularly recently.. coats is also has a good chance of comin up this year.

As for glaciation...
    1. Basically learn the processes of glacial erosion
    2. 3 features (eg. two erosion and one depositional features)
    3. and then resvise the things they can ask in part (ii)'s
    like measuring the age of a glacier etc...

Very similar to the way you learn coasts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Just wondering since I dont know :) But doesnt the photo and field study question come up every year in different sections ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

um i might be typing my glaciation stuff up so i can learn it.. whats your e-mail address and i'll mail the stuff to ya .....

actually we could do an exchange... if you do any of the follwing and have something on it would be greatly appriciated

hamlet
    great expectations
    reading in the dark

or field study for geography

ragamuffin@iol.ie

thanx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭sc317

Same thing happned to us, we were sent home at 10am on monday morning. I'm sure the geography teacher would facilitate you for a few classes next week anyway????

The geography exam can be cut down an awful lot with fieldwork/photo questions.

For physical i've been told i'll be ok with just rivers, coasts, and underground water/limestone regions, but I'll probably avoid physical geography.

Advertisement