Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free voicemail-vodafone

Options
  • 23-05-2002 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

vodafone r giving free access to call your voicemail 24 hours a day from 4th of june. It is set to cost them €10 million a year. they r also lookin into making other services free or cheaper.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Surely that sort of information is confidential. I can't imagine vodafone would be too happy about this being posted up.

Gav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by Verb
    Surely that sort of information is confidential. I can't imagine vodafone would be too happy about this being posted up.
    Assuming it's accurate. The whole mobile/wireless industry is rife with rumours, information and disinformation. It’s quite possibly true, but I would have thought they would have concentrated on working out a rate for GPRS first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

free text messaging would be nice... (but only for contract customers - ahh the sting in the tail :D)

So err, vodafone.. hows about it? :D

Just spoke to someone in the office and apparently he recieved an SMS from Vodafone informing him of the new free voicemail access. So, it seems to no longer a confidential matter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

It's on ENN Corinthian. :)

adam

• Advertisement

Originally posted by dahamsta
    It's on ENN Corinthian. :)
    Like I read ENN :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Like I read ENN

Fair point, well made. :)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

They reckon they'll recoup a lump through people who'll actually use it now because it's free. €10 mil is a drop in the ocean. They could almost run the entire network on the money they make out of SMS ffs....
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Humm. This is not true. They need that 10million a year to make thoese sh|tty adverts. Come on. Do you think there gonna be that nice?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by Winters
    Humm. This is not true. They need that 10million a year to make thoese sh|tty adverts. Come on. Do you think there gonna be that nice?

It is true.
    I got a text message from Vodafone yesterday confirming this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 TitanFire

Never mind receiving text messages about it, haven't you seen the ads in the papers? From 4th June, access to 171 Voicemail will be free. This IS great news cos I might now access my voicemail because I never did since it cost too much to hear the sound of someone hanging up!

I think it'll convert people to Vodafone from the other ones :)
    Well, maybe I'm just one sided since my brother in law works for Vodafone Northern Ireland Head Office ;)

Really a converted house, but dont tell anyone I said :)

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Tip: Alot of people will have their voicemail number (0875xxxxxxx) set as their "Phone a friend for free" number. Make sure you change it to something else on Tuesday !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

"phone a friend for free" ? do you actually get to call someone without having to pay ? how do i do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by OLDYELLAR
    "phone a friend for free" ? do you actually get to call someone without having to pay ? how do i do this?

You get a number of minutes which you can use to call another 087 number. The number of minutes depends on your tariff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

... and it's for free only for *off peak* calls to that 087 number

more details here:

http://www.vodafone.ie/phonestariffs/ourtariffs/caff/index.jsp

number changes are reflected in the next months billing cycle

Brian G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

thanks lads , but i dont think it applies to ready to go customers , im not sure i will check it properly when i get a chance . thank you .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Free phone a friend indeed doesn't apply to ready to go.

Does the free voicemail thing apply to ready to go, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

yes, it applys to all vodafone customers.

I hope o2 and meteor are forced to do the same.

Advertisement