Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soyo Dragon Ultra

Options
  • 23-05-2002 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭

Wish i had of got one of them.kt333_dragon_ultra(silver).jpg

?C16021DE

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

hmmmm On some of the earlier dragon boards with raid people were having some serious issues, any info on the stability of the board?

One user reported that when trying to play video from one of the drives he constantly got serious lag/stuttering problems.

seen at www.viahardware.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I've the Dragon Plus and its a brilliant board.
    I'm going to setup the raid soon aswell.

well when you do have your raid set up would you run a wee test for us pls :)

copy a big dirty .avi/mpg/vcd to each of the partitions and make sure it plays off each partition the way it should do, quick test huh pls :cool:

I'm setting up one partition.
    It'll have twice the transfer speed and the datawill be spread over both h/d

• Advertisement

where's your other thread gone? Did you delete it after you fixed your problem? How did you fix you're blue screen problem? Did you take offense to the fact that I had warned you about people having problems with raid on your board and you saying you "nah they're a fine board" only to run into trouble with it then start a thread looking for help only to delete it :confused:

Nah its in Tech.

I'm going back to standard ide :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

PPC, where did you get your soyo board? I haven't seen any round the city or on any Irish sites. Is there a place I'm missing or did you just order it from abroad?

I ordered it from my shop in waterford.
    If ya want one ask john@planetpc.ie for prices.
    Mine cost €239 for the Soyo Dragon Plus! board.

nice one. Thanks. I like the look of the one above. All silver. IT would look great with a fancy case mod!

• Advertisement

damn sorry to hear that, bad luck man :(

Did you try default memory timings? and then try setting your bios to the exact same settings as the ram chip(s)?

Did you get anything on www.viahardware.com forums?

or viaarena even? :|

sure ata100 can't be all that bad I'm only on 66 :p

sure ata100 can't be all that bad I'm only on 66

You should try crawling along at 33!:mad: I really need a new computer!

Originally posted by tactical anni
    damn sorry to hear that, bad luck man :(

Did you try default memory timings? and then try setting your bios to the exact same settings as the ram chip(s)?

Did you get anything on www.viahardware.com forums?

or viaarena even? :|

sure ata100 can't be all that bad I'm only on 66 :p

Nah didnt bother. Just went back to standard IDE cause i went through the manual and did everything.

Still the pc is really fast now since i formatted.

Advertisement