Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any better than google?

• 13-07-2001 10:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭

ok, doesnt have to be better, i doubt that exists.

but twice this week google has been down for me...is there anything else that comes close?

just for the craic i tried a search for how to get rid of those annoying personalized menus in MShíte products and i got a catering company in western Maryland USA...

alternantively, can someone tell me how to remove that from MS2000, and no clciking it off in "TAskbar and start menus" doesnt remove it from OUTLOOK or from ACCESS.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The natural language engine in Ask Jeeves is pretty good. I've never had results come even close to Google in anything else I'm afraid. I think before Google came along I used to use Webcrawler, but when they started using the Excite spider it went downhill.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Skeptic1

http://www.alltheweb.com is good but it does not have the cached pages feature of google.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

In Outlook, on the Tools menu, click Customize, and then click the Options tab.
    Clear the "Menus show recently used commands" check box.
    (edit) Its the same in Access afaik... it should work for all the Orifice products but it seems you may have to do these 2 manually?
    ...or something™

[This message has been edited by Licksy20 (edited 13-07-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

found it. i can stop pulling me hair out now. give that man some karma. ty.

Advertisement