Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

famous people

Options
  • 24-05-2002 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

if you could meet one living person, who and why?

me, Billy Connolly,

hes so funny and smart obviously

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Regan

would it be like one of thise ****ty "fanatic" things when it's all arranged?

or just who would you most like to get chatting to in a non "your famous" way in a pub?

there's a HUGE difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jonny

pub kinda way

courtney taylor from dandy warhols

kim deal from the pixies

brian molko (for nostalgic reasons)

and yeah....billy conolly, he'd be fun

im sure there's hundreds that i just can't think of right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

osama bin laden..

can you imagine walking into a pub in dublin and him sitting there having a pint :) that would rule... i could waffle in gibberish afghani talk with him for two hours and then kick him in the nuts.

or exchange him with roy keane and afghani with cork/mancunian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭AtlantaSuburb

berry
    buck
    mills
    stipe

and bob geldof

:-)

AtlantaSuburb:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭crow

Bob Dylan,
    Steven Tyler,
    Joe Perry,
    David Bowie,
    Eddie Vedder.

I've already met Chris & Rich Robinson from The Black Crowes, sweet!

these people are my heroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Elvis, Frank Sinatra and Satan :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Tom182

Folks,
    I'm sorry to burst you bubble,but Billy Connolly is the most obnoxious,self-centered bastard you will ever get to meet...granted,he is a funny bloke,but what you get on stage you definetely don't get in real life..first hand experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by Tom182
    Folks,
    I'm sorry to burst you bubble,but Billy Connolly is the most obnoxious,self-centered bastard you will ever get to meet...granted,he is a funny bloke,but what you get on stage you definetely don't get in real life..first hand experience.

Maybe he didn't like you!!? Hmmmm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Tom182

Don't believe that for a minute...everyone likes Tom!!
    How could people not like me?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭hmmwhat?

Originally posted by Regan
    courtney taylor from dandy warhols

kim deal from the pixies

brian molko (for nostalgic reasons)

and yeah....billy conolly, he'd be fun

im sure there's hundreds that i just can't think of right now

i met courtney, he was very nice...

Originally posted by Dr. Loon

Maybe he didn't like you!!? Hmmmm?

i don't really think that's a reason to treat someone like ****e, but then i guess i'm old-fashioned about basic values like mutual respect. funnily enough, i've always imagined billy connoly as a bit of an asshole... weird...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

this sh!te really pisses me off,

"i want to meet such&such because he/she is a famous peson"

because someone is famous does that mean that they are sound, cool,nice,friendly? NO. being famous is hourse-sh!t!
    oooooohhh a "CELEB" - "swoon!","gasp!"-" they're on tv, i hope that this celeb will talk to me a lowly mortal, if only for a moment!!"- ITS FUKIN PATHETIC!!! i like too meet people who are sound, thier fame status doesnt entre into it, fame changes people anyway, makes 'em false etc, not all but most. its the whole tabloid culture - burn it!!!!!

sorry but this is one of my pet hates. if you agree or even understand where i'm comming from, please let me know.

cheers,

ferdi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jonny

i do understand what youre saying, and i agree but its a bit off the point. the origional question was:one living person, not necessarily because theyre famous, but obviously in this, fame comes into it, because chances are youre not going to think, "hmm id really like to meet that person standing accross the bar because they look like theyre intelligent" maybe you would think that, but the rest of us wont know what youre talking about. and anyway, if theyre standing accross the bar, its not so hard to meet them. the thing about famous people, is that you can talk about them, and another person will be able to talk about them and then you have common ground.

for me billy connolly, i never said i thought hed be sound, but hes OBVIOUSLY smart and funny, and i reckon hed be interestiong to talk to.

i'm absolutely with you on that, ferdi! :) with me it's really that these people have exercised a major influence on my life and continue to do so. they also happen to be moderately famous. i don't think i've ever wanted to meet someone because they were featured in a glossy magazine...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i do see where ur coming from ferdi but i dont think was the orginal question, and i go with what johnny said. the reason i'd like to meet a famous person is because theyve had an influence on my life, like the ones my friends and family have, but ive already met my friends and family! Obviously, its not as big an influence, but when a celeb does something that really affects your life, of course your gonna feel a slight bond with them. (you know what i mean). based on that, some people will want to meet them. They're kind of work, means that its easy to be obnoxious bolloxes, but to be honest, you can find that in any person, celeb or not. And im sure there are loads of decent celebs out there.
    i dont know who'd i'd like to meet. morrissey maybe, i do think he comes accross as a twat, but he does love the animals ;)

air, for the influence theyve had on my musical taste.

i'd always wanted to meet mark lamarr (for his wide musical knowledge, and humour) and he was very standoffish.

anjelina jolie, and beck coz theyre just so gorgeous.

ooooh....kevin smith maybe, to see is he that funny in real life?

Originally posted by hmmwhat?

i met courtney, he was very nice...

im quite impressed

when did u meet him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Freeman Dyson, Charles Darwin, Michael Collins, Jesus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭pixe

David Bowie, Sting, Ossy Osborn and Leoardo De Vinci.....A nice dinner party would be good!

Advertisement