Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chorus Sucks (website proposed)

• 24-05-2002 1:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

I live in Celbridge, County Kildare and we've (my family) had cable since we moved to Celbridge about 12 years ago.

Now, Chorus at that time was Cable Management Ireland (CMI Cable). In the 12 years, we've regularly had problem with outages, bad reception, and generally poor service.

Nothing has changed. Anytime anyone from my home calls Chorus to complain, they refuse to alknowledge any problem whatsover, and when there is a problem , a recorded message basically tells you that they already know, so bugger off and leave them well alone.

Their customer service charter is crap, nonsense entirely and doesn't stand up to anything we have ever received from them.

Constantly telling them that "this won't do." and "we're not happy" are ignored, they just say theyll "put a note on our file" - which they can never find!

Anyways, I've had enough, SKYD is still not viable in my opinion, and we have no idea about any Chorus Digital Service, as we don't seem to be getting it any time soon.

So, I was thinking of setting up a chorus sucks website (similar to ntlhellworld.com in the uk), to highlight the problems with chorus on a big scale. The site could allow users to report outages and problems to the site, which could then be collated and sent to ODTR and CHORUS on a regular basis? so what do you think? bother or don't bother?

Regards
    Dave

Setup "Chorus Sucks" website 16 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 16 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭HappyDude

Not a bad idea - but I would be very careful. There have been a couple of high-profile lawsuits recently. One, in the United States, involved a punter bitching about the service from a Fish food supplier on a bulletin board. The company in question sued, stating that their reputation had been damaged by the comments posted, and did not have a chance to reply.

They were successful in their legal action against the two people who posted comments, and the owners of the web site.

Not sure about the leagl situation in this country. A site offering details of their service, and a user forum (similar to icdg) might pass. I honestly do not know how ntlhellworld.com is still in operation. Thought they would have been sued by now.

The only way a company will take notice of complaints - is if enough people start shouting.

Anybody else any opinions? I would lend some time if needed - I build some nice web sites!!:D (sorry for the blatant plug!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,996 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

honestly do not know how ntlhellworld.com is still in operation. Thought they would have been sued by now.

if I recall correctly the owner/administrator of ntlhellworld.com sold it to NTL themselves and in fact now works for them (I *think* he does anyway).

(in fact, just tried to verify this and can't connect to the site?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,599 ✭✭✭swoofer

u are right, owner sold it for £20,000. It is still there. try this

http://www.ntlhell.co.uk/

gbcullen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 pd

I voted yes, but rather than trouble yourself establishing a web site, you should simply get SKY.

You know if this Chorus company operated their crap service in Britain-They would be hauled into BBC ones "watchdog" programme and would have to pull their trousers up.
    Why don't we have a similar programme here and get these amatuers(too kind a word for them) closed down and something professional put in their place:mad:
    mm
    Also Clearly not enough people are complaining to Ethain Doyle on this issue

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Rebel18

Originally posted by madman
    You know if this Chorus company operated their crap service in Britain-They would be hauled into BBC ones "watchdog" programme and would have to pull their trousers up.
    Why don't we have a similar programme here and get these amatuers(too kind a word for them) closed down and something professional put in their place:mad:
    mm
    Also Clearly not enough people are complaining to Ethain Doyle on this issue

That is 100% true madman but instead of complaining they get sky instead.

Well complaining and getting Sky- a double whammy!
    mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 pd

Saw something intersesting on my estate today: a Chorus van and a Sky van together. I hoped that the drivers would get out and fight, but they did not. The Chorus man was there to "clean up" after Sky man who had just installed a dish, Chorus man then removed their aerial.
    Chorus must be toast at this point, as all I see are their aerials being removed: good riddence to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Set it up. If you need any help with coding, whatever (anything but hosting, though I'll look into whether my college account can be used for such a thing, it being non-commercial and all that), I'm available to do whatever (stuck with Chrous as I'm in rented accommodation and don't know whether I'll be there in nine months)

Advertisement