Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steps to take when tuning a digibox to Astra19.2???

• 24-05-2002 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

I have my 80cm dish mounted beside a flat roof, set in the right direction with a compass , angle of elevation set ,portable TV and digi box on the roof viewable from the dish. Can any body advise what steps to take next.

My plan is to go to the add channels menu put in a FTA frequency for a station on Astra 19.2, select the station and then move the dish until a picture is obtained. Am I on the right track??

This method worked for me before when I was abroad and living in Johannesburg seting up for the Multichoice channels.However the digital recievers over there were more user friendly.

Appreciate anybody advise in my attempt to plan how I am going to get 19.2 on my digibox.

Charlieb

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I dont think the sky box will pick up anything but 28.8 east... its set that way i think

Anyway as for moving the dish and getting a signal.. best thing is a signal tester but otherwise... if you are doing this to use EOL then it has its own signal thing in the taskbar... it will tell you if you have a signal or not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 charlieb

Saruman I am aware of the digiboxs limitations the 27500 etc. however it not 100% dedicated to 28.2.In fact the forums are full of guys picking up Hotbird and 19.2 with a digibox.

I am looking for step by step guidance from some body that has managed to tune into Astra19.2 with a digibox, particularly on the which didibox menu to alter.

Charlieb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭HappyDude

This is probably not very technically amazing - but it worked for me:

I simply aligned the dish to 19.2E using an analogue receiver, until I got a good reception on a FTA channel. Then I used the old "wet towel" on the dish to make the signal progressively weaker, until I had as strong a reception as possible. Then, I switched the analogue for a digital receiver - tuned in channels using the All Channels menu.

I know I am missing some channels, due to the limitations of the digibox...but it does the trick.
    Good luck

Happydude

• Registered Users Posts: 45 dogdig

Or you could use the "OTHER CHANNELS" in "SERVICES" - get the frequency and FEC etc settings before you give it a go..

Advertisement