Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting with Local TD (Tom Kitt)

Options
  • 24-05-2002 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭

Well I'll be fu........

I just got a call from Tom Kitt's (south dublin) office about my questions to him during his canvassing (when he told me he didn't have the time :rolleyes:).

Apparently, he wants to meet to discuss the farcical broadband situation early next week.

I need ammo guys .. and lots of it ;)

Any suggestions for a general plan of attack?
    I get one shot at this and I want it to work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭timod

Have to say that's pretty decent of him.
    As for ammo? Jeez where do I begin...

How 'bout listening to Forfas.. I think if we keep emphasing that, it might get through that we're not just a bunch of cranks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by timod
    Have to say that's pretty decent of him.
    As for ammo? Jeez where do I begin...

How 'bout listening to Forfas.. I think if we keep emphasing that, it might get through that we're not just a bunch of cranks.

Yup, I've begun printing out various articles ranging from IrelandOffline to Forfas and the brothers Bruton attack on the outgoing government to the razoredged competition currently sending Britain's telecomms market into overdrive.

I'm gonna prepare myself for this one properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

you could point out that there is no healty competition as long as eircom has a monopoly control on the communications infrestructure in ireland..

the network needs to be taken away from them (Renationalised)
    and they should compete like every one else.

At the mommemt the rate of product introduction into the market is dictated by eircom, if eircom do not introduce it then the other competitors cant introduce it either?

Wheres the competition there?

You as the competition want to introduce a product at the lowest possible price, however that ceiling figure as to (how low can you go...) is dictated by a price eircom set which is set for them to make profit from the whole sale price too as well as introducting the same product themselves which in reality costs them noting! (regarless of what PR they tell you.)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Thanks BoneCollector

have the Committee got anything to add ?? :-/
    Anything they want to be raised at the meeting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

Read everything at The Issues, it shoud give you a good foundation. Check back tomorrow and I'll post something more comprehensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

flat-rate! Just thought I'd throw that in as well.

Advertisement