Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Admin type bug/suggestion

Options
  • 24-05-2002 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

You know that menu at the bottom of the threads that gives us overlords^H^H^H^H^H^H mods (look mommy I can be beardy too :p) the power to do fancy stuff with threads?

Well, what's the point of the 'go' button beside it? As soon as you choose an option in the menu, it automatically sends the request anyway. Basically every time I've locked a thread, I've clicked the 'go' button, and being on a quick connection here, the server obviously gets the request twice - the first time to lock the thread, the second to unlock it again, thus leaving threads unlocked which I thought I had locked. Yes I'm a fool.

Am I nitpicking or is this a genuine thing for consideration?

:)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

yes you're nitpicking :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

You know that menu at the bottom of the threads that gives us overlords^H^H^H^H^H^H mods (look mommy I can be beardy too :p) the power to do fancy stuff with threads?

Hmmm yes?

Well, what's the point of the 'go' button beside it?

Backwards compatibility. For the neophobes using lynx.

As soon as you choose an option in the menu, it automatically sends the request anyway. Basically every time I've locked a thread, I've clicked the 'go' button, and being on a quick connection here, the server obviously gets the request twice - the first time to lock the thread, the second to unlock it again, thus leaving threads unlocked which I thought I had locked.

Don't click the 'go' button.

Yes I'm a fool.

Well, I'm sure you know best.

Am I nitpicking or is this a genuine thing for consideration?

Nitpicking. Bad, bad seamus. Go outside the door and think about what you've done.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

It's there for older (and beardy) browsers who don't submit the form when something is selected. Not much use these days, but it means no lynx-using mod could do their job. Not that any of the mods use lynx anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Originally posted by azezil
    My mom says I'm sexy...

Isnt that nekkidbibleman's signature, except not as funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Sig stealer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I've been saying that for years... just now put it in my sig :rolleyes:

[edit] sig edited [/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

ffs azezil. first you've blatantly ripped of NekkidBibleMan's sig, now your ripping off someone's boards post. :rolleyes:

Advertisement