Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opera 6 refusing to resume downloads

• 24-05-2002 10:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else having this problem? So far I've seen it on three seperate Opera 6 installs and none of them will resume a download, it's a pain in the arse. Have searched the opera site, and googled, but found nothing at all.

Suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Is it ment to resume them? (sorry i dont use it anymore so i wouldnt know)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Heh, yes, it certainly is.

I click resume, it looks like it's beginning the download, but it never actually goes anywhere. (speed and filesize never change)

It doesn't work with any server, even one I know allows resuming - I do it all the time with wget.

Maybe its a bug.
    I had that problem with Getright but i was on a network.
    Also do you have norton installed by any chance?

I don't have norton, I'm sure it's a bug but the opera bug tracking system wants me to register and I hate doing that for little things like a bug report.

We have norton corprate edition in work and it corrupts the downloads. Being a pc shop and all ya think we'd fix it.
    God no

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

empty your cache, and try the resuming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lynchie

Ive been running opera for months now and Ive never had any problems resuming. Have you tried running the latest public beta (6.02 Build 1090). You should be able to find the link at BetaNews

Originally posted by SearrarD
    empty your cache, and try the resuming

You == teh win.

Advertisement