Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No bull**** free music ites-do they exist?

Options
  • 25-05-2002 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭

Is there actually such thing as a free music site where i can get full albums without the bull?What i mean is im not interested in downloading onto my PC and saving.Not interested in the whole file sharing.It all takes too long.What im looking for is a site with albums on realplayer files which i can simply clkick on and listen to the same as any realplayer link.Do these e sites actually exist or must we put up with unreliable and stubborn filesharing services like the dreadful audiogalaxy?That stupid Audiogalaxy satellite has been ****ing up my PC for weeks now,causing problems with my browser windows and acting up anytime i try to turn off the computer
    Thanks.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

warezmonkey.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

first of all.. this thread will be locked.
    second of all.. audiogalaxy is bloody briliant.
    lastly, try http://www.epitonic.com and no they don't have albums, but they have a wide selection of free mp3s from a bloody great selection of acts. of course if your into chart music you won't be liking it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

First of all-this thread will not be locked as it is discussing a topic[free online music]which has been discussed dozens of times before.
    Secondly-Audiogalaxy sucks dick.The play button dosent work and the satellite enjoys ****ing up your PC.Until i deleted it the other day every time i turned on the PC i was greeted with an emergency desktop recovery message.
    Third-I dont get Samsons post:confused:
    Fourth-Why do you assume im into chart topping music?Im in to stuff that SHOULD top the charts.Excellent hip hop that languishes somewhere between 30 and 100 in favour of the likes of Westlife.
    Then again this is generally because most fans of real music have the sense to generally never buy singles[unless they have a B side or you really want them to get to the top so it gives a good 2 fingered salute to the teenypopers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

It must be your pc, because you are the only person I know of that has a problem with audiogalaxy.
    You want free music and full albums on realplayer. You can listen to samples of songs on albums on cdnow.com they are on real. You are not going to get free, full albums on the net that are legal. Unless it's somebody giving out copies of their music like on mp3.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Originally posted by The Gopher
    Then again this is generally because most fans of real music have the sense to generally never buy singles[unless they have a B side or you really want them to get to the top so it gives a good 2 fingered salute to the teenypopers.

I'm a fan of real music. I buy singles. Then again they're usually off ninjatune.net, warp.com or spiritualized/bjork singles in hmv/whatever.. its absolutely nothing about "getting them to the top"... its about supporting the artist in question and an urge to buy everything they release.. and in the case of bjork getting the dvd version with video and 5.1 sound hehe.

I said "if your into chart music" plus I've never seen decent hip-hop in the Irish charts :)

You want albums go out and buy them imo... if they're available on realplayer on the net then they're definitly going to be available in your run-of-the-mill highstreet record store, plus realplayer links are usually woeful quality.

I don't get Samsons post either.

Just on AG.. personally I think its bloody excellent, I typically grab two or three tracks a day, if they're any good I buy the album, it's my way of picking and choosing albums to buy :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Originally posted by Makaveli
    You are not going to get free, full albums on the net that are legal.

Well,saying this i presume that illegal files exist.And i dont give a shiny ****e as to legality so can i have a link please if you have one.
    Or if the thread is closed PM me.
    Thanks
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

AudioGalaxy is the shining light amidst the murky shadows of online music.

If it fecks up your PC theres only one solution: Ditch that Pentium 133Mhz with 8mb of PC66 RAM and get a new PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Ditch that Pentium 133Mhz with 8mb of PC66 RAM and get a new PC.

LOL :D

Advertisement