Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some help with Jedi Knight II

Options
  • 25-05-2002 12:05pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭

I have got to the part where one has to fight with Fyyar (that's the guy in the armoured suit and the force-field around).
    I cannot kill the fucker.
    I can temporarily disable his shield/force-field with my rocket launcher but cannot do enough damage before it comes back on.

Anyone got any tips/tactics ?
    No cheat codes please.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Yea he had me stumped for a while until i figured out the trick to beat him. Once you get his shield down (rockets/2ndary repeater fire does the job nicely) you have to destroy the little fork thing sticking out behind his head, it generates the shield. Use force speed, nip in behind him, and use whatever gun you want to take it out. Once gone, the shield won't come back, and you can kill him whatever way you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

You could disable it with your sabre too, I recall there is a sweet spot when fighting him (took ages to find) that allowed you to beat the crap out of him without taking any damage. It's a certain distance away.

Also run to the center cone thingy and it's the safest place.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I had the game saved just before he appears, so what I did was I placed down I think 4 sentry guns, then carried on to make him appear and when he did he actually stayed with his back to me for ages firing at the sentry guns so I got a great start on him! Anyway the wep for him is actually the saber, that removes his sheild real quick. Just keep runnin round him.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Got him sorted, thanks lads.
    Now, if only I could get through the canyon without getting my walker blown to shit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

I didn't actually use the walker the whole, jumped out half-way through and continued on foot. Much easier :)

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by Spiffing
    I didn't actually use the walker the whole, jumped out half-way through and continued on foot. Much easier :)

Aha, I didn't know you could do that.
    That indeed would be simpler.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

With regard to the walker, it has in fact 2 weapons, blasters and rockets which you can cycle through like you would your own weapons.

Forgive me if you already know this but I only found out
    by accident at the very end of the level.

Doh

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

The walker is "da bomb" (sorry). I so enjoyed using that. One part though I had to get out, shoot some guys first, get back in.

Killing Fyyar was easy enough once I got the hang of it. Just keep running around the circle in the middle. Empty your weapons on him till the shield goes down. Then attack him (with your saber? That's what I did). After a few times of doing that he folds. Desann was even easier. Went on full whack light saber duel and whoooooped his ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Dessan was kicking my ass a lot.. was very hard to beat him.. then a stroke of luck.. did a force when he appeared.. knocked him down, did force speed and sabered his ass while he was on the ground.. that was fun...

As for the canyon.. my walker survived till i got the spare one half way through.. was fun!

Heh, looks like I missed something, I never used a walker in the whole game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

lol kaids.. i would have thought the open door on the top would have been a buit of a hint? :rolleyes: :)

Never saw any AT-STs with an open hatch/door.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

It shows it in the right side of the screen during a cutscene :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

now ive got a problem. how the feck do you kill those 2 force using droids? they have a nasty habit of seriously kicking my ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

The Shadowtroopers? Take them on one at a time.

Advertisement