Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US laptops

• 13-07-2001 6:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Hey, i'm in America at the moment and laptops are looking VERY cheap. If I bought one and brought it home what sort of problems would I have with power etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Would you ever answer my mails!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean ffs man ffs!!!

But you shouldn't have any probs if you get the right power converter

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

yeah mr I couldnt be arsed replying, you will probably have to shell out £50 for a power converter, Unless your laptop uses a normal dc voltage. A lot of em use ac tho, and need their original adapter plugged into a 110v step down transformer. So how are you getting on anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

the last laptop i brought over from the states only needed a "kettle plug" to use it. the power adaptor did all the rest. i went looking for ages for a device to run it and my uncle reaches behind the teapot and hands me a normal cable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Sorry lads, havent been near a computer for more then 5 minutes in the last month.

I'll mail you both soon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

ya... i'd like to know about these american laptops as well because i have 3 or 4 of them smile.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement