Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can't run windows

• 15-07-2001 3:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭

i need help with one of my laptops... its the best one i have so i really want to get it working. when i got it it had some weird type of windows on it specially designed for this big network so i formatted and installed windows. it worked at first, but it was a bit fu><0red so i reinstalled windows.

the prob is since then, i can't get it working. when i install windows, everythin is set up fine, but in the final stages just as windows starts up for the first time i get blue screen, so i can never get onto windows

i'm installing using my cd rom, my laptop is a PIII 600 Panasonic Toughbook but it has no floppy drive. i'm thinking the problem has something to do with windows thinking my cd rom drive is a floppy drive.
    when i start up windows in safe mode, My computer lists a floppy drive which i don't have instead of the cd rom drive. how can i fix this prob?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

A cd-rom as an "A" drive, that like one of those *rescue* cd's that Dell/Gateway provide.
    you have no floppy drive, still that should not effect it.
    maybe in the bios, you have something like "look for floppy on boot"
    i was under the impression that the bios would not allow you past the "device detection" if you had no/broken floppy drive?
    get a floppy, there not that expensive, even for a notebook.

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

i disabled Floppy Operations or something in the setup and it fixed that problem, now i can get on windows so i have to sort out sound and video card drivers
    expect another topic posted soon.... smile.gif

Advertisement