Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Burning Software

• 25-05-2002 4:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭

Just wondering which is the absaloute best software for burning.
    This would be software that could RAw-Read and Write software...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

I'd have to go for Nero....does everything you wnat to do and does it very nicely.....Adaptec CD Creator isn't bad but its a bit finiky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Ditto that, Nero is teh win. Adaptec's piss, while it works, is annoying and far too damn friendly, all the extra crap gets in the way. Like the little "wizard" thing, that cutesy little cd being annoying, just like the paperclip in the office.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yup, like the others, I would also opt for Nero. Didn't like EZ CD at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Nero
    Fireburner

in order of preference.

Do not under any circumstances touch Roxio Easy Cd Creator with a 50 Ft Barge Pole unless this is the only thing your cd drive will work under.

It has trashed more systems than I care to remember and sucks up your system resources if you have a basic setup. Aside from the fact it adds stupid auto insert notification automatically to your cd drive in some cases locking the whole system with a cd in it (mainly under 98 or NT, 2k pro handles it a bit better) forcing you to ctrl+alt+del your way to sanity again only to run straight back into the same problem and eventually losing more hair than you should at your age. :mad:

Direct cd wizard which will allow you to newbily copy and paste to the cd (after formatting the disc) will cost you an odd 30+MB of space on your cd so instead of a 700MB cd you get a 665MB cd, absolutely wonderful :confused: stuff indeed.

*shakes fist at Roxio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Well for example.
    I today was trying to burn C&C RA2 Yuri's Revenge.
    This is what happened under each
    1. Nero - Left the thing for 4 Hrs and was only at 6%, when i touched the machine it crashed.

2. CloneCd Copied beutifully except that the image is availible to me but the actual CD wont burn as it keeps telling me that either my drive aint compatible (which it is) or invalid media Blah Blah... Gave up on it.

3. Using roxio atm but nuffin seems to be happening.

Looking for something that will Burn any CD no matter how many blocks are protected or Encrypted...
    Basically I'm looking for the Ultimate Burning software.
    Nero is deffo the best atm but is there any software im not using ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

The one i use is Clone CD along with Cloney(detects optimal settings)

This may help

1. Put the master CD in the best cd drive you have(one that can read sub channel data)

2. Burn as an image

3. Insert Blank CD into writer and burn image onto it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Yeah Nero is the best for standard burning but is not compared to Clone CD for copying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Use blindread (I don't have a url, use google) to rip cd into an iso, then use nero to burn it. Hasn't failed for me so far. Just backed up Office 2000 pro with this method.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I have a suggestion.

Stop warezing games. You'll find that legitimate uses for your CDR are a lot less difficult and any software will handle it easily enough.

I realise that this qualifies as a "non-helpful" response and the moderators are free to delete it, but it annoys me somewhat that someone is stupid enough to think that boards.ie is a forum for asking on information to help them pirate software.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by Shinji
    I have a suggestion.

Stop warezing games. You'll find that legitimate uses for your CDR are a lot less difficult and any software will handle it easily enough.

I realise that this qualifies as a "non-helpful" response and the moderators are free to delete it, but it annoys me somewhat that someone is stupid enough to think that boards.ie is a forum for asking on information to help them pirate software.

I'm sure he was only wanting to make a backup copy, which he is entitled to do I believe.
    I make backups quite a lot, as I am exceptionally poor at putting my CDs back in their cases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Originally posted by Shinji
    I have a suggestion.

Stop warezing games.

Is that grammatically correct?

Shouldn't it be pirating
    v. pi·rat·ed, pi·rat·ing, pi·rates
    v. tr.

To attack and rob (a ship at sea).
    To take (something) by piracy.
    To make use of or reproduce (another's work) without authorization.
    warez

/weirz/ n. Widely used in cracker subcultures to denote cracked version of commercial software, that is versions from which copy-protection has been stripped. Hackers recognize this term but don't use it themselves.
    warez

/weirz/ A term used by software pirates use to describe a cracked game or application that is made available to the Internet, usually via FTP or telnet, often the pirate will make use of a site with lax security.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

Make an Image using cdrwin and burn with fireburner or cdrwin

you could also look at

http://alt2600.com/superman

or

http://www.gamecopyworld.com

BOL

Macker

I have a suggestion.

actually Shinji its for Lan use Not for Re-selling perposes.
    Then again some of us can just go out and buy between 12-30 copys :P

anyways...from further trying it looks like that with either clone cd or Nero it wont work..
    Gonna try the blindread method and see if that works..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭halfab

Blindread / write is good for that stuff,but not all burners have the same capabilities, they must support certain modes of writing to be able to create an exact duplicate of the original, for example

Under CloneCD what are the capabilities of the burner .. on mine its

Compatible with CloneCD RAW-DAO: Yes
    Compatible with CloneCD RAW-DAO Write Simulation: Yes
    Supports writing of CD+G RAW-DAO: Yes
    Compatible with CloneCD RAW-SAO: Yes
    Compatible with CloneCD RAW-SAO Write Simulation: Yes
    Supports Buffer Underrun Protection: Yes

If the answer to any of these is no then that might be the problem , also its not unknown for a copy to take hours to complete (but not 4hrs) :) ..
    It might help if you told us the model of your burner..

Also its better to use the burner to read the original , as CD to CD is usually not the best option..

Pioneer A03 DVD-R/RW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Note, the following info is for Backup purposes only ! (Alright Shinji ? )
    ;)

Anyway:

Nero 5 or above. Brilliant for general purpose, file storage, burning MP3 to audio format etc.... also good if you are backing up a copy protected game, and need to first copy files to your hard disk to apply patches before burning back out to disk.

CloneCD, if you have a burner that supports RAW writing, then accept no subsitute. Will backup most disks, protection and all. This is an absolute must have. Very fast. Cheap too.

CDRWin, if you are backing up PSONE disks, this is yer only man (Clonecd also good).

Adaptec EZ CD Creator. This is a childs toy and should be avoided for all but the most menial of tasks.

My tuppence worth.

I think a good place to go for info is:

http://www.cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

for 99% of my burning i use CDRWIN - does exactly what it says on the tin

for the few cd's i have trouble copying then i fire up CloneCD

Advertisement