Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the new weezer album???????

Options
  • 25-05-2002 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭

dont know if this thread was around earlier but does anyone know anything about the new weezer album?
    Some girl in front of me on the bus had a copy of it and i was trying to read the track list over her shoulder and think i made out island in the sun {i had to stop looking because it looked like i was staring at her breast's!}
    is the album one of those compilation things or is it actually a new album?
    also whats the story with pinkerton i read that everyone thinks it's ****e and got slated when it came out. this true can be true it is one of my favourite albums?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Track listing here

http://www.cddb.com/xm/pcd/pop-punk/fc7228bdc0c2252d8e924f9e83e9dae7.html

Pinkerton is hated by the band afaik but I never heard anything about it being poorly recieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Scon

There's 2 extra bonus tracks on the UK edition over the US ones. Island in the sun being one.

I guess it's their UK management trying desperate tactics to win an even bigger fanbase (unless it's a diff version of I in the S, I haven't heard it yet)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Originally posted by Toast
    Pinkerton is hated by the band afaik

Not quite, just Rivers. Pat and Brian still love it. It seems River's is growing to like it again, or at least not hate it as much anyway, 'cos they're playing lots of pinkerton stuff on tour now - in their recent dates they've played 7 of the 10 live.

but I never heard anything about it being poorly recieved.

It only sold 1/5 the amount that blue did. Rivers took it as a personal insult by his fans, and began to hate them for it. He'd opened himself up and started writing deeply personal lyrics and put so much effort into arrangements and production and no-one bought it.

pinkerton campaign

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

Originally posted by bandit
    dont know if this thread was around earlier but does anyone know anything about the new weezer album?
    Some girl in front of me on the bus had a copy of it and i was trying to read the track list over her shoulder and think i made out island in the sun {i had to stop looking because it looked like i was staring at her breast's!}/B]

that was ME!!!* And i thought it was my beauitul bumps that had caught ur fancy.

*not really

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

So what do ppl actually think of the new album?

First time I listened to it I wasn't that impressed, although 'burndt jamb' stuck out as quite a good tune. I put it aside for a few days (I'd bought a bunch of CDs at once..) but when I listened to it again I really enjoyed it, good album.

I never understood how pinkerton wasn't appreciated! That remains my fav weezer album.

Advertisement