Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cider Drinking

Options
  • 25-05-2002 6:46pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭

To prove a pub bet...

A sizeable portion of the metalheads I know are voracious cider drinkers. God knows that during my metal phase I drank nothing but the stuff.

Can a decent cross section of ye verify this? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

ya i'm a bulmers drinker

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

mmm indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

No, I don't drink(anyone see the inherent irony of this?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

oh yes boy , i wont drink anything except bulmers, !

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I don't drink any cider at all. I'm a Whiskey man I am!

I know plenty of people who drink it full time though. (they are metalheads)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

well, there's cider in snakebite, isn't there!!!!! myself and most of my mates drink gallons of the stuff!! does that count??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I hate the stuff, tastes like vinegar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by DrunkLeprachaun
    No, I don't drink(anyone see the inherent irony of this?).

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I started out with cider... moved on to carlsberg and am now on guinness :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

I drink:
    bulmers,
    heineken,
    guinness,
    vodka,
    alcohol,
    turpentine,
    petrol,
    the sweat of a metaller's balls.
    Hi, my name is Fisty Mc Fist and I am an alcoholic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by fisty

Hi, my name is Fisty Mc Fist and I am an alcoholic.

have you never been to an AA meeting? your not supposed to give us your surname, Mr. McFist :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I drink Bulmers the odd time.
    Mainly been drinking Guinness these last few weeks.

i did a project on bulmers , just to prove how supportive of it i am , i got 71% for it , so it paid off and then i went out for a celebratery pint , all part of the project of course !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SYL

Guinness now, but back in the day when I was young and carefree in college, I was known to devour the odd pint of either (in order of merit) Scrumpy Jack, Hudson Blue, Bulmers or (if strapped for cash) the ol' turpentine tasting Lindon Village. Brrrr, thems was the days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Stonehouse is the best Cider.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

cider drinker indeed, but no bulmers in spain so im stuck with "cashels" wheich isnt the best.
    tho just discovered martini and lemon, so good and pretty cheap,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Originally posted by Robbo
    A sizeable portion of the metalheads I know are voracious cider drinkers.

Never thought about that certain link before, you could have a point there!

While I would not describe myself as the most ardent of metal fans (Cradle Of Filth, System Of A Down, Mudvayne, Rammstein etc all fantastic but I listen to my share of (Gulp!) Paddy Casey also (Awaits immenent backlash!))

But the most ardent of cider drinkers? Alright then!

Bulmers, Stonehouse, Hudson Blue, Linden Village, Crofters, Strongbow (Farewell Mr. Kidney) Blackthorne and even....... *GASP* Organic Cider!!!!! :eek:
    (Actually bloody nice...and strong...and cheap, kinda reminds me of me :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Robbo your reign of betting terror msut stop!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Blood type Vladivar Vodka+ on a Sat. night :cool:. Couldn't stand cider after my first couple of months of the stuff.

Good job though, nothing else gives me a worse hangover - sick as a dog and roadworks in my head.

I'm sure there are plenty here that know what I'm talking about ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Originally posted by dun_do_bheal

Good job though, nothing else gives me a worse hangover - sick as a dog and roadworks in my head.

I'm sure there are plenty here that know what I'm talking about ;)

What are you on about? Never happens to me...oh wait...there's my old friend "Denial" again :D

A few of my mates reckon cider is only a poor student drink, and while i know this is true, there has to be a select few respected members of society that drink "The Loony Soup"

Not saying that students aren't respected members of society, just that...well i'm one myself you see... and........

What's that you say "Shut Up?".....Ok then!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Definitely in my younger days but these days I mostly stick to guinness although I do have the occasional relapse in the summer and when I feeling completely hypermetal.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭LUZ

mmmmmmm...hot...mulled....spiced cider...........mmmmmm...in plastic cups.............

• Site Banned Posts: 334 ✭✭scuzzy

Yeah, definitely a Bulmers head, but I have been tempted by that seriously cheap German beer from LIDL, eg. 2 litres for E3.16!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Bulmers here. Mmmm :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Snip182

definately bulmers al da way cant beat it man

Most definitely the pint bottle of Bulmers, no glass thanks, when your off head banging!

I must admit though that my head banging days are getting fewer and further between, so Carlsberg is taking the edge off the world these days. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

God be with the old days when you had yer 2 litre in Merrion Square before going to the Thrash Bash in McGonagles.
    Cant drink the stuff now though-Makes me mental(Aggressive usually).Can drink anything else though.

if you eat something minty like am chewing gum and then down a pint of cider its very refreshing , its weird but lovely mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bulmers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Devils Bit does it for me. for the price of it, it does the job. i only have Bulmers when i'm flush

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Ah yes, my good friend William (Billy to his mates) Bulmers. He's never failed me.

Strongbow's good too! :)

Cider is the only pint I can actually drink - I can't stomach larger / ale / porter.

Advertisement