Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Star wars private forum request

• 25-05-2002 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭

Please could we have a private star wars forum set up?
    So we can discuss things like what would happen if a vulcan tried to mind meld with a jedi knight without those trek geeks insisting a vulcan would gain control of a jedis mind tricks,which is rubbish imho.

Dont really care who mods it,Greenhell and lordsippa seem pretty level headed mod material.

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

sure but this is a formal request for a private board not a general board which is considered by most,to be a bad idea.
    This is a board for private members with an intrest in world domination and sometimes talking about starwars.

Fair point.
    However, I am still of the opinion that a community board is more appropriate.

But, if there is no chance of that:
    I support this request.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

of course a community board is more appropriate, but if a private board is all we can get for now then thats what we should have.

Maybe in time, if it is proved to be an active board it can be made into a proper community board.

p.s. whoever the mod is, please make sure you give me access to the board. ty

Originally posted by Phreak
    p.s. whoever the mod is, please make sure you give me access to the board. ty

Me too please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

I doubt i'd be a good mod. I'll be stateside for next 2 months and quite lacking in the opportunity to get online enough to mod. BUT do make me a member of it, cause although i'm not a huge fan of the films (except Empire), I do love Tie Fighter with a very large passion and jedi's make me smile. Except Luke. But that's an issue for the board. ;p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

I would love to be added to it aswell. If it goes ahead can whoever is modding add me? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

i dont know why a proper community board cant be created. Star wars has a huge following, with people of all ages interested in it. There are people that remember the origional (and best) triolgy, and then there are the younger people that are seeing star wars for the first time in the phantom menace/attack of the clones. Also there are the numerous games based on Star wars (some of them great, some terrible).

we should deffinately have a star wars board in whatever shape or form we can get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

as someone who has NO interest in any of the star wars movies, books, tv programmes, dolls, stickers.......etc etc etc, i would just like to say :

i heartily endorse this product or service!

if anything, it'll take the star wars threads off the other boards!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Here we have already asked for either a Public or Private forum...
    and Devore has responded and is consulting the Powers that be on the urgent matter of Cake...
    The ones who are fond of this afformentioned product ,of a over active baking industry (WEHY NOIT MEAK EIT YOURSHELIF), will be for teh board

Those who grow Weary.......NOT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Im not gonna agree with the setting up of a private board as it should be public and there is already another board :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

Originally posted by Winters
    Im not gonna agree with the setting up of a private board as it should be public and there is already another board :p

And what prey tell is an ITF? and where does one purchase said commodity?
    Do I recall star wars fans saying "there is a place for posting topics of an ITF matter.And that place is Humanities."
    NO I do not.
    A private members board is exactly that a matter for said private members who have expressed a preference for matters appertaining to starwars.
    I am begining to suspect you have more than a passing intrest in star trek sir.
    Finally may i remind you that the admin board is a place for matters of an administrative nature not a place for spam fights.

PS since lordsippa has ruled himself out of the running for moderatorship,may i recommend Phreak and Stereo-Steve are added to the shortlist as they seem sensible chaps of unblemished good character

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

This is probably best off in the Star Wars forum request (as this can include private or community).

I personally think Community would be best, as a private board may prove to be slower/quiet, and it's harder to get new people in. Though I suppose if we put a sticky in the Sci-Fi board...

Anyways, hurry all! To the Star Wars forum request thread!

Advertisement