Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strange one indeed...

Options
  • 25-05-2002 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

upgraded my phone the other week to a shiny new (if somewhat ugly) nokia 6310. So far so good. However since i changed sim cards (gsm to gprs), my caller id seems to be a bit buggy. Some numbers aren't being displayed as the name that they are saved under. They're only coming up as the number itself. ANd it's always the same numbers (from both o2 and vodafone networks) that caused the problem.

Went back to vodafone who changed the sim card (no effect) and the phone (still no effect). We also tried a stack of other nokia phones and the same problem was there. Finally after about two hours in the shop, we tried a siemens phone and everything worked!?! They haven't got a clue what the problem is, has anyone any ideas?

This one's really bugging me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 speedyboy

I reckon you have the problem name and number saved twice so the phone gets confused and displays the number, this could happen if you have the same number stored on the sim card and the handset, Sound confusing!!

Hope this helps!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Nokia phones store their numbers in two seperate memory locations, the SIM and the phone. If any of your numbers we stored in the phone you replaced they are now lost as they are still in your old phone. Please note that Nokias also select the SIM as the default memory location when they have a SIM inserted.

After upgrading your phone, where did you save your new addresses (your old SIM as the phone would have slected this as the default)? Once you changed these did they dissapear with the old SIM (they may well have been stored there)? These are a few of the possibilities off the top of my head.

Another factor is that the 6310 is considered very buggy, although I was not awear that the phonebook was causing problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭bats

ah, very good speedyboy. Can't believe i didn't twig that myself. Funny, the same problem doesn't happen with other phones eg. siemens...

Cheers, corinthian as well...

Advertisement