Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difficulty in Final Days

Options
  • 25-05-2002 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if any of yee are finding it ever more difficult to study over the last few days left.
    Me myself has only done about 2-4Hrs in last 4 days....
    just wondering if any1 else has this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

yep i'm finding it alot more difficult to study now and its more frustrating and that...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

yea i cant concentrate at all so ive decided to relax a bit and take 2 days off to calm down and then get back on track.
    no use in exhausting myself is there now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Hmm, yes, I'm having a lot of difficulty studying, but I'm probably worse than most because I haven't even started yet :(.

I keep telling myself I'll do it tommorrow, and I can see this going on until a day or two before the exams start then it'll be too late :(

I'm just not an exam person...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Hmm, yes, I'm having a lot of difficulty studying, but I'm probably worse than most because I haven't even started yet .

I keep telling myself I'll do it tommorrow, and I can see this going on until a day or two before the exams start then it'll be too late

I'm just not an exam person...

We can put that down to Stress from all that Fluffling and unneeded attention from IRC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Since the Grad Mass 2 weeks ago, I've been in skool for just Maths.
    Even then I've taken a half-day every day....thrown the bag down and played MOH:AA for the evening.

Is that a bad substitute for studying??!?!

but in the past 2 weeks I can honestly say I've done fa and with under 2 weeks to go...tis coming towards late night cramming sessions!

Bring on continuous assesment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I was feeling kind of unmotivated, ended up going to see Star Wars, great film but i felt so guilty that i went back home that night and stayed up studying for the whole night. With any luck i can continue the trend )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I havent done a tap of work yet. Had the oppertunity to study in school today, but instead i just left :rolleyes:

I am hoping that they give extra points for hiding money in the exam paper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

I've done only a few hours...

I've left school for the last week so tomorrow I'm going to TRY and study for most of the day.

I better do it or else i'm seriously fecked!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

7 Days, 10hrs 33mins left till we start as i write this.........

i'm screwed for home ec.........too much to learn i know nuffin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SYL

I've done the leaving cert twice now, first time was a disaster, second time round was much much better. If I have any advice for you poor hoors, its just to stick at what you are good at and know well. If you don't know something properly by this stage (as was the case with me and Home Ec) focus really hard on what you are good at. This way, at least you can boost your points in the good subject and not risk not getting any extra points in the bad subject. Better to get maybe a B1 in a good subject and C3 in a bad one, than a C1 in a good one and C2 in the bad one. Its all relative really.
    And if you are doing biology, I recommend checking out the TV listings and watching some Open University programmes on it - you would be amazed how easily they help you with that stuff.
    For English, just try reading some poetry without the notes for a while. I did this and managed to actually recall a lot of quotes fairly easily in the exams. The great thing about poetry is that if you get an open-ended question, you can mold the quotes you remember around your answer, not the other way around.......bullsh!tting basically. Proof of the pudding, I got a B1 in honours (robbed of an A, I reckon).
    Any business subjects....what helped me with them is just reading newspapers and watching the financial news. It sort of helps to tie the loose ends up that some subjects like Business Organisation and Economics can leave. Those subjects leave a lot of "so what does it really mean at the end of the day" questions hanging - just check out the news and papers for help.
    Maths??? Practice practice practice. Practice makes perfect basically - best revision is past papers, period. Practice 'til yer blue in the face.

After this, all I can say is that ye should be burning the midnight oil every night. Just remember, even when you're tired, even when you're bored, even when you're just plain pi$$ed off, it will be all over sooner than you think. Dig yer heels in and graft at it - it'll be worth it in the end.

One final thing. Good luck to everyone doing the leaving cert. It is in my top 2 most trying moments of my life, so I know just how crap it can really be. Hope ye all do well ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Great adviec there SYL. Yes it is true - The LC will be the hardest exam, you'll ever do, so give your all, and you'll never feel worry like that again.

Totally, Maths and Physics is just practice. The more you do, the better you get at it, simple as that.

And English - I never actually heard of learning specific quotes. What I did was just learn off entire poems, and then select whatever quotes I needed that fitted the answer I was giving.

Burning the midnight oil, yes, but don't go crazy. My bro's gf, for the 2 weeks before the LC, literally stayed in one room studying. She literally ate, drank and slept in there - going to bed at 3am (on the floor) and getting up at 9, taking her breakfast inside, eating as she studied. That is just craziness. All the study in the world will make no difference if you're exhausted in the exam hall, believe me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

I've decided to give up studying for english and bend over and take my D3 up the tailpipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I did no study for the Mocks ad i got a 66% in higher level english... so i'm doing no study for it again and lets see what happens :)~

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SYL

Bad move Drake, mocks are not a patch on the real thing. People get all sorts of funky results in the mocks, they are only to warm you up for the real thing....so get stuck into the English man!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I got a C1 last year with virtually no work, i tried to study it this year but still only got 68% in the Pre. I just gave up studying English after that

I actually got a C2 in english in the mocks on having just paid passing attention in grinds. Next week is english, irish(not counting either of them for points) and maths, tbh the 2nd week is worse (maths 2(my 'weaker' one), evil french and accounting) then the last week (physics, chemistry, applied maths) is plain sailing all the way. The only problem is the slight distraction of the world cup!

(unrelated:C'MON IRELAND! )

Time's getting on and I've still only managed a total of about 6 hours, all Physics & Chemistry.

The world cup isn't going to help me at all either, especially if Ireland progress past the first round :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

yeah i've got this whole I'm f**ked mentality now, can't do any study at all.

im screwed for geography & english
    and if maths paper 1 doesnt go my way i'll struggle to get my 1st/2nd choice :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭embraer170

These days, I have really given up, done nothing for the past few days (past year?). Feeling pretty bad. Hopefully will get back on track by Monday.

• Advertisement

I'm feeling pretty bad about the whole thing at the minute too, comes and goes, but so far I've managed about 6/7 hours of study in total, I'm about to make out a study timetable that's not too ambitious and see if I can't stick to it. All those 6/7 hours of study were for Physics and chemistry..... I haven't touched any of the other subjects :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

another day of crap here for me
    maybe the night before will work

just 17 more days for me, 10 days really cause i will do grand in economics

10 more days william, 10 more.

It helps reciting that in your head before during and after study methinks :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

For the past 4 days I've been looking @ Irish only seeing as how I gotta pick up everything we did for the last 2 years for Paper 2.

Tis fun in a weird way.
    fúcking poetry...in all fairness, who is ever gonna use it??

bah...i'm hoping for a A1! :p

I've just done around 5 hours straight study for English tommorrow, and I'm going back to do more in a minute, something kicked in this morning at around 5 am and I've clocked up more study since then than I had in all the weeks previous to this. For the first time yet I'm actually feeling confident that I can give the whole leaving cert thing a decent shot :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

talk about last minute eh :)

Yeah, I did a few more hours and now I feel like sh!t. Getting up at 9.30 pm yesterday and staying up until tonight seemed like a good idea at the time, it was not :(.

I tried giving study for English another go yesterday, said I was going to do it for the whole evening. Ended up doing 30mins of english and 4 1/2 hours of maths. That's just so typical of me. I've gone so lazy in the last 2 weeks, I went to see star wars yesterday too and I'm going again with my friend after Irish p2 on friday. I've also done a grand total of 25 mins of study today. I'm what is known as WELL AND TRULY ****ED .

I think must be the opposite to you Man U Babe :). I haven't done any study at all until yesterday, and I planned on doing an hour of english and an hour or maths today, just wanted to brush up on some english poetry..... I ended up spending around 8 hours studying the whole english course :-/.

Advertisement