Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Proxy server software for NT/2000?

• 12-07-2001 11:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭

It's just a PC with a 128k isdn line which I'm going to install NT or 2000 server on. Maximum of users will be 20 doing mostly http requests but occasionally ftp.

Security isn't a major concern.

So what's the best proxy server software for the above?

Opinions welcome.

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    "Boxes for show, Baskets for a pro" - [FCA]SyxPak

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Well we use microsoft ISA server and that sings along nicely and before that ms proxy 2.

kayos

When you get to hell tell them I sent you,
    you'll get a group discount...

tribes.gameshop.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

I have seen a little freebee one called VSocks Light (or Lite?). It's a Socks4 proxy. Acts as a DNS server and autodials on DNS requests. Works fine with IE for sure. A quick netsearch should turn it up. You can configure it to only answer requests from the NIC so that it should not pose a security risk.

K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Vsocks is pretty cool allright but I'm looking for something a bit more highend. Probably go with ISA. Cheers for all the help.

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    "Boxes for show, Baskets for a pro" - [FCA]SyxPak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

www.sambar.com

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.
    Mail: jaden@eircom.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭The Cigarette Smoking Man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I've been looking for one as well. Its just for home. But I cant use the linux ones as my Sis and Mom have to be able to use the proxy server to dial on.

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

Advertisement